This has helped me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Sep 3, 2006.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Dear Friends,
    I recently found an unconventional "treatment" that has helped me tremenously!!! A couple of months ago a friend gave me a CD of Josh Groban. I had never even heard of him and I didn't consider his type of music previously as one I would like. I was quickly hooked and have found his voice and music to be very relaxing and healing. I noticied if I fall to sleep with the music low in the background, I sleep really well. I've had fibro a few years now and have found that it is often the little things that add up. I know different things work for different people.
    Last week I fell outside and just got scraped up but by the afternoon I started feeling a flare coming on. I soaked in a hot tub with lavendar scented sea salts, put a "pain patch" in the areas that hurt the most. I took Skelaxin along with my regular meds at night and put the music on. The next day I was just sore like a normal person. For me reducing stress is vitally important which you all know is a challenge since this condition is stressful in itself. In the last two years I've gotten "toxic" people out of my life. ( which meant a divorce for me ) and have tried to focus on more of the beauty in the world, whether it be examining a flower or a baby's hand. This may mean housework has to take a back seat but who lies on their death bed regreting having a less than clean home.
    The bottom line is... do whatever it takes to ease your mind, paint, breathe deeply, do yoga etc... always be open to new things. I believe the Lord provides what you need and I have been blessed by Josh.
    I pray for you all as I know the struggles only we understand.
    Love,
    Sue
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

"Do whatever it takes to ease your mind" I love that! Great advice and music helps me also.

Gretchen

3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I LOVE JOSH GROBIN's music. It was very helpful to me when I was first sick .I use it to calm my nerves.

Along with other types of music.After I had my first mental breakdown he came out with a song REMEMBER it was after my breakdown .Its the one that talks about his love who has died and gone to heaven. I claim that song as a blessing sent from GOD just when I needed it .And starry starry sky its about the painter Vincent Van Go
    I am an artiest and have gone nuts(lol) so I love that song its so smoothing to my soul.

I love music and Art and find them both very emotionally healing in my life.
  4. marmayer

marmayer Member

What are the names of the CD`s? I`m looking for some soothing music. Thanks!
  5. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

His music is so calming.I recommend his CD's to anyone.I don't speak Italian but the one CD he does I love the most.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:

Nice work. I could not describe it better. God does good things for good people, although through the journey sometimes we see it with eyes that are not fully open.

Good work!

NyroFann