This has nothing to do with fibromyalgia...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseO, Jan 30, 2003.

1. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

I just had to tell some one this.

My Cat just died this morning. It has started a bad flare. I'll be back. I have to go and cry again.

Luv Ya, Louise xoxoxox
  2. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I'm a cat lover too, I have 6 precious little fuzzbutts and I can't imagine what it will be like to lose one of them. Some days when my pain is very bad, they are my biggest comfort. I will keep you in my prayers.

(((hugs)))
    Annette
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I am so sorry sweetie. Now I'm sitting here crying. I don't know how to comfort you over the Internet. I wish I could be there for you to cry with. Here's all I can give you..
    ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))00

Love, Debbie

BTW, I just read your profile, your b-day is same as mine, though off by 10 years, I'm 31..
  4. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I'm so sorry, I don't know what to tell you. I just got a kitty last year, he's 8 months now, and I don't know how I lived without him! He helps me so much to laugh and forget about my pain, if only for a moment. I would be totally crushed if something happened to him.

I really don't know what to say, except I'm sorry you have to go through something like this on top of everything else. Please remember, things will get better, I know you can't see it now. Wow.

Sorry, Lisa
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

We lost our poodle of 8 years last spring and oh how terribly painful it is to lose such a special bundle of joy. My heart truly goes out to you. I know how you feel. Me and the children all ended up so sick we had to all four had to go to the Doc for meds from our grieving. Please know I am soo very sorry for your loss.
    With much love and a big warm hug to you.
    Joannie
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I am so sorry for your loss. I have two cats who are sometimes the reason I get up in the morning on bad days. They are such wonderful companions, and they never question if our pain is real, or if we really need to lie down now-----they just love unconditionally. Let yourself grieve, maybe you'll get through this flare if you allow yourself to feel the sadness and emptiness you quite naturally would feel. And (only when you feel ready to) please consider beginning a new relationship with another cat or kitten.......

Thinking of you,
    Pam
  7. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Dear Louise, I found this poem over 20 years ago when I lost my first cat....

Put the rubber mouse away,
    Pick the spools up from the floor,
    What was velvet shod, and gay,
    Will not want them anymore.

What was warm, is strangely cold.
    Whence dissoved the little breath?
    How could this small body hold
    So immense a thing as Death?

Sara Henderson Hay
  8. sofy

sofy New Member

So sorry for your loss. Your going to feel bad and miss that cat no matter what you do but you can do something to make yourself feel a little better. The shelters are full of cats that desperately need homes. I guarantee if you find it in your heart to open your home to one of these needy creatures you will feel better for doing so. A selfless act is always good medicine for an ailing heart.
  9. coyote

coyote New Member

I am a cat lover also.
    I have five of them. I believe they are part of my family, just as much as people are. They have wonderful distinct personalities,and they give us unconditional love. It is a terrible loss.
    Sometimes I feel unconsolable when I lose a cat, and go through all sorts of emotions.
    One time, I found it helpful to write down all the thing about the cat that I loved.
    God will help you in your sorrow.
  10. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I just lost my kitty last year and my rabbit too. I understand this is a lost because my pets are my family I have no kids.

It's okay to morn over this lost. Some people don't understand, but those of us who have pets and have lost pets do.

Pets have soles too and your kitty is in heaven

So sorry....
  11. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I'm so sorry. Many times pets are like family. Go ahead and cry, it's ok to grieve. I'll be thinking about you and hoping your flair is over very quickly. Soft Hugs, Lendi
  12. rosella

rosella New Member

I don't know if I have the words to tell you that I DO know what you are going through. My husband & I had to put down our 18 year old beloved cat, Kira, exactly a month ago. Our cat was tempramental but loving, a contradictions in terms,but was our world. Please keep posting with your thoughts as I have never had a post have such an impact on me.
  13. rosella

rosella New Member

I don't know if I have the words to tell you that I DO know what you are going through. My husband & I had to put down our 18 year old beloved cat, Kira, exactly a month ago. Our cat was tempramental but loving, a contradictions in terms,but was our world. Please keep posting with your thoughts as I have never had a post have such an impact on me.
  14. karen55

karen55 New Member

I think it's only natural that since you are in emotional pain over the loss of your cat, that your physical body is reacting too. I'm so sorry, I know what it feels like to lose a pet, they are, after all, family members.
    Allow yourself to grieve, keeping those emotions pent up inside will NOT be good for you and will just make everything worse. Take care of yourself! {{{{{hugs}}}}

Karen
  15. rosella

rosella New Member

16. selma

selma New Member

I couldn't bear the loss of mine. And I'm hopeful for you to feel physically better. Your kitten would give you huggs and unconditional love. Louise, I'm in terrible physical pain right now, but it doesn't even compare to yours. Love xxxooo, Selma
  17. RedB

RedB New Member

I am an animal lover, and I do some petsitting for people. I currently have 6 cats and 1 dog. The following is a poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" that I have sent to some of my customers who are going through what you are.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
    Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
    Where the friends of man and woman do run,
    When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
    Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
    On this golden land, they wait and they play,
    Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
    For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
    Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
    Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
    Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
    Together again, both person and pet.
    So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
    The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
    Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
    They embrace with a love that will last forever,
    And then, side-by-side, they cross over...together.

inspired by a Norse legend

Soft ((((((hugs))))))
    Kathy
  18. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

from the bottom of my heart. My cat ( Abby ) was just 10 months old. The vet don't know what happen.

I really do thank you all.

Luv Ya, Louisexoxoxo