This illness came on fast really fast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 30, 2011.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Monday I woke up with a scratchy throat but didn't think much of it. Then Tuesday I woke up early with a severe headache, ear's that really ached, sore throat, and a cough, my chest hurts when I take a breath. All day I have rsted and still the feeling of a never eding headache and a sore throat that is so pain ful that I don't want to eat. I don't have a fever, no juncky runny nose. I have very little voice it sounds so scratchy and hoarse that it is hard to talk adn my daughter says that it is hard to hear what i was saying.

I don't know what is going on with my body, Usually when I get this sore throat and head ache I get a dry hacking cough, but this is different. I do have a bit of a cough but nothing like I usually get when I get sick in the fall. I am wonderign if I should see my PCP today, I don't know what he can do about it. I am on msscontin and Msir so pain pills I don't need
    I am nervous about getting brronchitis or pneumonia as I tend to get them very quickly. I don't want to be sick any longer than I haev to be.
    I still have the all the fibro pain , MPS pain low back pian hip pain like I have daily.

Right now my head is throbbing and I want to cry but it would only make me feel worse.
    I don't remember ever getting sisck so fast in my life and this pain I get when breathing is really bad.

I ache all over and know that a mack truck is sitting on my head idling his truck as I can feel the vibratations. I am nervous and don't know what to do? Is this just a cold? or is it some thing worse.
    Please feel free to let me know your feelings.
    I just have a strong feeling that some thing is really wrong with me. I just can't put my finger on it.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are viruses going around right now. Mine came on so fast. I got nauseated, had diarrhea and had a headache from hell. Then, it went into what felt like a moderate chest cold with a cough. I got some Vicks on my chest with the heating pad and got out the humidifier at night. If you have the same thing, it will likely clear up pretty fast if you take care of yourself and if no complications occur. Prayers going up for youl.

Love, Mikie
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Since I still felt like death warmed over I went into town to the instacare unit. I was told that it would cost me the same as myPrimary Care doctor but I was wrong, They wanted a $45.00 co-pay ,{to be paid at time of service} Since I get paid once a month I didn't have $45.00 to spare so i just drove the ten miles back home.

IF I still feel this way tomorrow I will go in a see my doctor. My voice comes and goes, I sound like I am going thru puberty.
    I stll have the sore throat and nasty cough that for once is productive, and my head and ears hurt badly, I feel like some one is sitting on my chest and it is hard to breathe. IF this is a virus then it should run it's course in a few days. I jsut don't want it to turn into some thing like bronchitis , or pneumonia,a s i seem to get them a lot.

Thanks Mikie for your thoughts and prayers.
    Hopefully this will pass soon.

PITATOO Member

Could just be a flare, a virus or something else. Having FMS/CFIDS for 17 years it's hard to tell when I have the flu/virus vs just a bad flare. Don't know where you live, but are there big swings in the weather this week? That always does me in.

If you think it may be something different then please see your PCP. Maybe they can rule out some type of bacterial infection.

Wish you luck and hope you feel better.

5. momsherry

momsherry New Member

Hope you get better soon. Just a sore throat alone and fibro pain is enough to put up with , besides all the other.

Take care, Sherry
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

who knows why things come on quickly. Viruses etc. can act differently. Just watch for a fever and if your cough keeps up make sure it's not a funky color.

Unless I had a fever or coughing up blood I don't go to the Dr. the first day I have something. My Dr. won't put me on antibiotics if it's a virus. I wouldn't think your Dr. would know what it was either. Don't panic. You've caught something. If it gets worse, treat the symptoms and if needed then see the Dr.

Make some tea with some honey. Get cozy, take some Tylenol and try to rest.