This illness Takes takes and takes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rickj44, Jan 21, 2009.

1. rickj44

rickj44 Member

I have 12 years experience, and it doesn't seem to get any easier,up at 230 am today, pain is so bad i cant lay down.
    I have notice also the last few months i am getting alot of pain through my ribs on both sides,, If i lay down with a heating pad , it feels much better, but then my back starts hurting just from putting pressure on it.

Anyways i play guitar..its been my best friend..but i notice when i play now i start getting this terrible pain on both side deep in my ribs., so here we go, something else that i injoy is being restricted or will be taken away.

I have also had my woodworking hobby pretty well taken away as i cannot stand for very long.
    I got to wonder what will be next.
    I am usually pretty positive but I guess i am feeling pretty low at the moment.
  2. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Rick, I know exactly where you're coming from.

I feel like the "old" me has died because I can no longer do any of the things I once enjoyed. I found that once I came to terms with "my loss" and accepted the things I cannot change that I was then able to move on and find other things to occupy my time. Acceptance in having this horrible DD is very hard and takes a while to get there. Try not to look back, instead, look forward to exploring other ways to make time more bearable and fun.

I have had a lot of rib pain also, put me in the hospital before cause I thought I was having a heart attack. I know how frustrated you can get! With time, mine passed then has come back a couple of times again. I was told it was costochronditus, it's inflamation around the cartilage of the rib cage.

I agree with Janet that muscle relaxers and pain meds do help, so does your heating pad. I hope you get some relief soon.