This is a joke Anyone out there iron? Ha

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ohmygoodness, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

I am sorry I just had to ask, I had a wicked moment.

I did some this am. Paying for it.

I try the laundry and they just don't do a good job.

That's my perfectionism.

I iron in the summer during my time off from teaching - that's another myth, since I have to move all my personal stuff from my old room into my new room and given my dislike now for manual labor it will take all summer to get it accomplished...you acquire a lot of stuff in teaching. piles of papers. little bits of whatever. all in boxes all waiting for me to organize it. This summer... between in services to improve my teaching...
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You've got to be kidding!!!!

Big nope for me,

Nancy B.
  3. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

That would be a NO on the iron.If it needed to be pressed I spray it with a little water and shake it out and then hang it up!That's my version.
    Take care,
    Mary
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I purchased a beautiful Kalvin Kline dress shirt last year and (of course) washed and dryed it after the first wear.
    When I took it out of the Dryer it was wrinkled beyond belief! I, at that point, concluded that Kalvin most NOT do his OWN laundry!!
    MRDAD
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

so. is ironing sheets etc a German thing??? cuz my Mom did when she was a stay-at-home, but not when she went back to work... both sides of family were very German.

I certainly never have but ya know, the sheets did seem softer/different when they were ironed, weird I can even remember that from childhood!

A few of my clothes just need touch-ups - like collars or hems - I don't go further than that, won't wear something if it needs more than that!

But I have to give a 3 thumbs up to cordless irons - found mine at Kohls (not the classy brand) for $25, and works just fine for what I do! 'Course it took me 2 years to run across one at that price.... I can be pretty obstinant lolol!

Victoria
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Unlike most people, I love ironing. I find it very relaxing. I've adjusted my ironing board so I can sit down while I iron and now it's (almost) a pain-free activity. God bless, Anne Theresa
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ohmygoodness:

I do some ironing, but most of everything goes to the laundy. I do not like it, but sometimes I want something clean and crisp and that seems to do it.

nyrofan
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Does that count? I actually used to love to iron. Something about making something wrinkly look nice.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

too funny... what a great reason to not iron!!!!

V
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well Victoria--I'll tell you how we long time single guys handle the "iron the sheets" issue. If they need to be washed and ironed, we just turn them over!!
    Have a good day!
    MRDAD
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Not like before, but mine is sitting in our room with a couple things to iron gracing it. Sigh. Just don't like wrinkled clothes.

Cotton always needs ironing. I know...dumb, but that's who I am.

However, most of my things don't need it, but there are some that just don't look right unless ironed.

Ah....

Sue
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It pretty much became unnecessary about 30 years ago w/ modern fabrics and casual dress.

Ouch, here's the rest of the burned ear joke.

"But how did you burn the other ear?"
    "Well, I had to call 911."
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

at least the ears will be symmetrical...

and MrDad... LOL, if I have the energy to turn 'em over, I have enuf to swap them out for the brand new sheets I just bought, hehehe

LOL,
    Victoria
  14. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Last year I bought linen capris and a few other things. Boy did I learn a lesson!! Have to iron them.

I got a beautiful new blouse this spring - i washed it and it is waiting to be ironed. Also have another one just like it in another color!

Ii used to iron all day and those things I had sprinkled. Remember that. Those days are over.

i do sit down to iron though.

Have fun!!

Joan
  15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

too cute to leave at bottom.
  16. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

I just checked this today and wow I didn't expect so many responses!

To the folks who have the Germans in their ancestry, yes, that'll do it. Also I remember my mother spraying the ironing with a bottle so it would be damp. She did sheets too.

It is funny that cotton sheets need ironing and feel best but look terrible. I refuse to iron sheets.

Thanks for the info about the ironing board and cordless iron! I will definitely follow up with this.

Linen is hard too along with that cotton.

I did a little more ironing more recently, just less, didn't get carried away this time...

I am a glutton for punishment.

To the person who likes to iron as it gives her a sense of accomplishment. I too felt this way about ironing (creases that go my way) and housework. I felt that this was a quick way for gratification as my day job of a special ed teacher does not yield this instant satisfaction. this is why I really do miss it all...