This is a question for the women

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredTina, Jun 4, 2003.

1. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Hi! I've been having a breast problem, and was wondering if anyone has ever had this or knows anything. Here is the situation: 16 mos ago I had my 2nd child, breast fed for 3 wks. Had problems (as with my first) producing enough milk. Tried everything with no luck. 14 mos later I'm in the shower and have milk coming out of my right breast. Over the next 2 mos it is worse, and my breast has gotten BIGGER! Big enough that I had to go out and buy all new bras, one cup size larger just to fit the right one! Left one is still the same size. I originally went to the doc and they tested my prolactin levels which came back normal(as usual!!). It has started to be very painful in the tissue and it feels like there might be a lump. My back and shoulder and neck are suffering from the loppsidedness, and my shirts hang cockeyed over the chest area. I won't let my husband near them anymore! Today I went to a new (female) doc and she is sending me for a mammogram(urgent status), and to a surgeon. She said that the surgeon has to take over the case since it is nonhormonal discharge, but she really didn't know what he was going to do. She really didn't have any idea what it was or just wouldn't share with me. At least I'm going for tests and to someone who may be able to help me. This really sucks.....I'm only 30!!! Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong with me??? I'm I the only freak with this kind of problem?? Help!!
    ~Tina~
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry as this sounds so painful. I am sending up a little prayer for you.

The only strange thing which has happened to me is that when I had my tubes tied, I started to lactate. It eventually dried up. It was in both breasts.

Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  3. AnnG

AnnG New Member

This describes almost exactly what happens to me when I first begin to breastfeed each child. I don't know why it is happening now. Are you still breastfeeding part-time at all? I am glad they are checking it out and I hope you get some answers. Not knowing is awful.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This happened to me with the last child. I did breast all three, but this one wanted only a bottle.

All they did was give me pills to dry up the milk. This was a longtime ago, and maybe they have different methods these days.

Will also send up a prayer for you.

Shalom, Shirl

5. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I had completely dried up, and then "BAM!" here this is!
    But, Mikie you said it happened when you had your tubes tied..... well I had mine done the same time I had my son! It was a scheduled c-section and we didn't want any more kids, so I thought it was best just to do it. Besides, I'd had such a hard pregnancy that I didn't think my body could handle another one. I wonder what it can do to cause this. I wonder if this is the cause??
    Thanks for all the care and support! I really need it right now!!!!:)
    ~Tina~
  6. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Thank you for telling me about your daughter!!!!! That definately sounds like something to check in to!! It's sad, I actually got a little excited when I read your reply. Not that I want your daughter to have this problem, nor do I want to have it; but the thought of an answer is so exciting. The thought of maybe finding out what is wrong with me is overwhelming. Almost all of the docs look at me like I'm some crazy hypochondriac, making all of this up. I'm tired of it. So, thank you and I hope your daughter is going to be ok. I'd love it if you would keep me updated. My e-mail is in my profile.
    ~Tina~