This is a weird one

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by revlcb, Apr 21, 2007.

1. revlcb

revlcb New Member

When in a major flare in 2005 I noticed that on occaision I would get the sensation that my right cheek was wet. Of course it wasn't but I had the tendency to wipe my cheek to get the non-existant cold water off my face.

I've been in this flare since begining of March and woke up to the same feeling today. It doesn't hurt, it's just annoying and I wondered if anyone had and clues as to what it might be.
  2. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

but I do get a feeling like my right cheek is funny feeling not really numb but kind of like i slept on it to hard all night my ear also feels funny.

don't know what it is maybe another symptom of FM.

hope we are not alone.
    Brenda
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

but on different parts of my body. Sometimes I think I've sat in something wet or spilled something on my clothes and I'll feel the spot with the sensation but it's always dry. Too weird! I thought it was just me!

Pat
  4. revlcb

revlcb New Member

Even though we don't know what it is...at least we're all weird together.
  5. openyourmind

openyourmind New Member

I have had that feeling on my calves--and had to continually wipe at them--those feelings do seem to be some sort of wrong processing by the brain--and it sometimes feels like small injuries can cause pain out of proportion to the injury.
  6. Katelynn

Katelynn New Member

Me too. Not on my cheeks but on other areas of my body. The symptoms of FM just seem to seep in so many areas.

Sometimes areas of my body will just feel a little numb as well. Like pins and needles on the top of my arm or on my thumb but for no good reason. Does anybody have that happen?
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I get both the wet cold feeling, sometimes on my back or on my arms. I frequently get the pins and needles feeling. I've never asked the doctor about it..sometimes when you go in an are complaining about 2, 3, a half dozen things....lol, sometimes you have pick and choose, I already feel that I take up too much of the poor mans time!

Deb
  8. Katelynn

Katelynn New Member

That is soooo true. You can only complain about so much when you are at the doctor and they normally look at me like I’m crazy anyhow.
  9. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I wake every now and then after a long, sound sleep and my left cheek feels like it has been burned. The feeling also goes up and into the bottom of my ear.

It is not a deep burn, lol. I have no idea what that means but it's like one quarter of an inch deep.

The numb, pins and needles feeling y'all are talking about sounds like peripheral neuropathy (PN). I have that in my arms, legs and feet. That to me, is not even an abynormal feeling :)

Andy

P.S. I think I just figured out my cheek pain... I sleep on an old fashioned waterbed (heated)....BRAINFROG HERE!