This is All New For Me Can You. Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Fibrofoggy4, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Fibrofoggy4

Fibrofoggy4 Member

Hi,
    For me this is all new. Not the pain or lack of Sleep but finding somewhere to get honest ideas and thoughts. I haven't found
    A doctor or physical therapist who knows anything about helping me. I do swim alot but lately. It's too painful to just keep my house clean and do my daily things. At night, after being on my feet, but I do stop and put my feet up at intervals.

But after the day, the bottom of my feet feel like I'm walking either on hot coals and/or sharp nails or pins. I feel like painful things are moving around inside legs from my knees down.

Then the muscles above my knee knot up and the pain gets
    Unbearable. Sleep ? Don't think so. Oh I forgot someone is stabbing my hip(usually left with a carving nice. Then the tops of my feet start throbbing. I now live a relately stress free life, with wonderful friends and 2 wonderful grown children and more than wonderful grandchildren. My daughter lives close by
    With her family. She has a 17 year old daughter and my baby girl who will be 9. My son in law, daughter and the girls and I are very close.
    My oldest son lives in California, near Palo Alto. He has a son 6 and a real cutie girl who just turned 4. My daughter in law is a great wife and mother. They send me ticket to visit 3 or 4 times a year. I haven't been able to go in a little over a year, since the pain has worsened so much. My oldest granddaughter
    Enjoys staying here about 2 nights a week. I speak with my son and daughter every day. My cuties all call me and I was and still am very lucky and happy. I would be so grateful if you all can tell me if what I am feeling is what you are. Or coping skills you use because I have no way to know what I'm doing
    Is right. I haven't found any professionals in this area who are even remotely familiar with fibromyalgia of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have a great insurance company but maybedoctors make more dealing with arthritis and dementia than. What we have. I'm not putting them down since my son is a
    Dr. In Ca. He told me things which sort of make me see that side.. We are in between kids and the real old people who's only social life are daily dr therapy appointments. I know fibromyalgia is on the list of disabilities now, but very few people get accepted. I keep a good disposition since I don't have a disease which Will kill me in months. I guess I'm just needing people going thru the same as me to let me know I'm doing right, and let me know what they feel. I'm user friendly and would appreciate any input That will help me and of
    Course, I would be happy to share whatever I can to help you.
    Once again, I went on and on but I have alot of questions.
    Thanx, if you didn't put me on your ignore list, maybe when I get some answers my motor mouth will shut. Thank you for being here even if you don't answer. All of you with the flu, hope your feeling better. Nite
  2. IanH

IanH Active Member

what is your treatment program for the fibromyalgia? Were you diagnosed as having fibromyalgia or ME/CFS? or both?

You said "He told me things which sort of make me see that side.. " What did you mean by "that side.."?
  3. Fibrofoggy4

Fibrofoggy4 Member

When he was doing rotations, he saw that some Drs do unnecessary surgery on people that put them in danger. In many cases a pill under their tongue would solve the problem with less risks. I see now that people I know are being treated like that. I stated I also cannot find a dr. Who knows anything about my problem. I am looking for answers here that I have not been able to find. I hope Ifindthem.
  4. Fibrofoggy4

Fibrofoggy4 Member

You are so right in everything you said. I do what I feel comfortable with. Stop and put my feet up, have a refreshing drink and healthy snack. Continue when I feel up to it. If not, tomorrows another day.

I am very lucky for all the love around me. I say a prayer every night, sometimes many times a day.

My concern is not what I did do, but cannot anymore, but keeping up my stamina to be able to take care of myself in years to come.

I am vey blessed with finding you and this board because that was what I was lacking. By signing on and seeing people all have problems but take the time to reach out to others is a blessing in itself. This is a different experience for me since
    my job made me the helper, so I'm not used to asking for help.

Thank you for caring. You should get many blessings for being. So kind and helpful.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Sherri
  5. Fibrofoggy4

Fibrofoggy4 Member

After thinking there was nothing anywhere for me, you came along. I read alot of posts, but I was so glad when you welcomed me.

I felt the warmth come thru your words. I think we can help each other and try to help some others along the way.

I see two names for you. What do you want me to call you?
    Have a starshiney nite.
    Sherri