This is Embarassing!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissRachel, Aug 5, 2003.

1. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi
    I have been having some new pain and i'm not sure if it's something I should get checked out.

Okay, here it goes (sorry if it's graphic). Every time I urinate I get a very strong pain in the vaginal area. It's like a sharp pain in the uretha (sp?) area I guess. It happens at the end stream and the pain stays for about 30 seconds or so. I have also been going a lot more in the past month, like every 1/2 hr to an 1 hr.

I don't see my DR for another 4 weeks, should I be concerned and get this check out sooner? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Rachel
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

but that would be my guess. Cranberry juice is great to help get over it. Go ahead and go buy some since it won't hurt, but also wait to hear responses from other people. You might have to call your doc.

As far as peeing more, I don't know if that's part of a bladder infection or not.
  3. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

I think this is made worse by yeast, others will explain, I'm sure.

No biggie, but go get it treated it will get much more painful. Trust me.

BUT! After treatment and you are all better you might try this method of prevention. I have not had one case since I started this:

I rinse myself off with water after urinating. Use a small drink bottle and just pour some water down there. It rinses off the urine left after wiping. Left over urine can and does increase buggie production and so another infection.

As an aside, you won't believe how much cleaner you are (you won't go back and will wonder how people walk around with pee on them all day!).

Other prev. measures are to raise the acidity of your urine by drinking cranberry juice (buggies don't grow in acid environments), just drink more (which we all need to do), and sitting for a bit after you pee and then peeing the last bits out. Leftover pee in or out can increase the possibility of buggie growth.
  4. kgg

kgg New Member

I wouldn't wait another 4 weeks. I'd call and tell them your symptoms. They will probably have you come in and give them a urine sample. Frequency and burning upon urination are symptoms of an infection. Also, do you feel nauseated? That also can be a symptom. Cranberry juice is a good idea because it acidifies your urine and supposedly makes it a place where bacteria won't grow. But there is lots of sugar in cranberry juice and that's not good either. And the diet has nutrasweet in it, again not good. But see what your doc suggests. Hope you are feeling better soon. -Karen
  5. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

It does sound like a UTI. (urinary tract infection)
    My daughter used to get these and 3 of my grandchildren do.
    You really should get it checked out. Time off for an
    appt. is better than getting really sick and having to
    miss several days.
    Please give us an update.
    Good luck......Pam
  6. marilew

marilew New Member

That sounds like something that I experienced several years ago, and it turned out to be a severe bladder infection. Get it checked out asap....I believe it caused me to have a miscarriage as the Dr. that I went to did not treat it.
    When I went back to see my own Dr. much later, he was shocked that it went untreated as the original Dr. had written it in my chart as a "severe bladder infection", but for some stupid reason he did not prescribe anything.
    The pain felt like someone shoving a hot knife into the "area" (sorry also for the graphics lol)