This is gross but I need your help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, May 9, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am haveing a terrible time with my skin.I have little bumps all up and down my arms.they arent red but they feel and look like sand paper.I also have like a huge boil on my nose and I get them on other parts of my body.I think my body is trying to detox its self .They hurt and I have not found anything that helps me .Does anyone else get these and how do you treat them besides a hot rag.Is there a way to prevent them.I think it is posin trying to come out of my body.Any help out there?I am very clean and take care of my self these just seem to be another problem causeing me pain.
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

It sounds like you may have a problem with yeast. When I started taking milk thistle and dandelion to cleanse my liver my skin started clearing up. I also take 1200 mg of garlic each day.

I had bumps on my arms and back and shoulders and the doctor said it looked like yeast to her.

I'm not 100% clear now, but the painful ones are gone and the others are slowly going away.

Hope this helps.

Linda
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

a hot tea bag. It helps make the boil come to a head and them you can pop the stuff out and then it will go away.
    My friend use to get boils and the doc said she needed to eat green veggies. A lot of them.

Also the bumps can be dry skin. I use nivea lotion. The really thick stuff and it cleared them up right away.

Tracy
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

For the skin bumps I used the stuff use to treat fungal infections like Lotrimin or something like that... like athlete's foot treatment, worked like a charm. I agree with the other's, probably a yeast infection of sorts. I also get the boils occassionally and yes, they are gross and I am also very clean, maybe too clean... hahaha.

I have used a tea bag before to help the boil come to head and then pop it... I got one so bad once that it left a scar, no fun. I haven't had the bumps on my arms in years since I treated them. I hope you get some relief as I know it isn't any fun. It definitely sounds like your body is trying to get rid of something. And try not to worry about it too much, as stress never helps anything. :)

hugs,
    Shananegans
  5. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

the little bumps on my arms. just about covered the upper part and I get them below the elbow. What helped with that is a good lotion or moisterizing bath salts. the boils I dont know too much about except my dad used to say to put a small square of that white first-aid tape over the boil and by the next morning, the boil will be ready to pop or whatever they do.

Please do not feel like you are dirty to get these things. We know you are not and this question should not embarrass you. We are in this together and any question you have will probably have one of us answering.

love, Suzette