This is hard

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Jun 4, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I am the one who usually is in control and is there for everyone else. So it is hard for me to admit that I need some prayer. I am struggling right now. Yesterday I found out that they are yanking my dad's drivers liscence. He is 77 and has Alzheimers Disease. We are both really upset. On top of that as you all know when we are dealing with these illnesses people gradually pull away from us and our circle of friends becomes very small. My closest girlfriend is moving out of town in 1 1/2 weeks. This is tough. She doesn't have internet and I can't afford long distance calls and I am not well enough to drive to her place. I am really going to miss her. I feel so alone. I feel like I need to cry but I am unable to. Thanks for reading this and for taking the time to pray. God Bless you.
    Cath
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Cath,
    You are experiencing a lot of losses all at once. No wonder you are sad. I hope you can cry sometime, it is very cleansing.
    You know that prayers will be said for you and your Dad. I know that comfort will come your way.

Kathy.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Cath,
    I know what you mean. People in the neighborhood who were friendly to me, I haven't even seen for over 3 or 4 years.

It makes it even harder not to have any actual friends. All of mine are in other states and we just email.

Prayers to you to find a good friend close to you. Possibly your friend will get a computer when she realizes how much she misses *you.*

I'm sorry about your dad. My mother had to have us take her driver's license away as she was blind and had dementia really badly. It's hard on everyone involved. She was 30 minutes away from us too and I had small children back then. She died in 1994 in a nursing home.

Love and prayers,
    Faye
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

First.... (((( Big Gentle Hugs 4 U ))))

I'm so sorry for all your going through and as another said no wonder you are so sad...it feels like alot hitting you all at once.

Praying for you hun and your Dad....May God bring you and your dad comfort during this difficult time and peace of mind.

Prayers going Up!!

God Bless
    ((Love & Prayers))
    ~Bluerose~
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

You are not alone, we are here for you. My parents have not spoken to me in 12 years, and I hear that my father also has Alzheimers, he is 87. It is a difficult situation without solutions.

I can feel how you are hurting. I pray that the good Lord will help fill blank spaces you may have.

You are not alone . I think each of us here have a long story to tell, with many tears involved. Try to hold on and when the tears do come, I hope they will be theraputic. You are just on over load sweetie. Hang on.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cath:

I am praying for you, Cath. Offer it up as I do too.

nyrofan
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm so glad you had the courage to ask!
    The bible says, we do not have because we don't ask!

Now we can bless you with prayer.
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Thank you everyone who responded. I really appreciate your prayers and kind encouraging words. I didn't tell you that my mom died of Alzheimers 7 years ago so it is de ja vou all over again. Anyways God Bless you for taking the time to pray when I know you all have so many burdens of your own.
    Cath