THIS IS MY ANNIVERSARY (THE PAPER ONE)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Aug 15, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

But we don't use paper here.

Never mind. I've been here a year.

(If this were a 12 step program, the B-day person would get a cake, or a chip w/ a big ONE on it, or a lotta hugs. Or either or neither or both or all three.)

I retired a year ago. A time for looking back. Things in my life didn't exactly work out as I had hoped, but we've all had to deal w/ that.

As so many of you have said, I am SO HAPPY I found this site.

It has helped to relieve the lonliness that goes along w/ these DDs.

And thanks to Prickles' posting on the tv experiment, I have seen some improvement in my condition. Less depression, more energy, even sleeping a little better.

As has been said many times, we are here to help ourselves and to help each other.

Tussen Takk (That's thousand thanks in Norwegian) to all of you.

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I sincerely wish it wasn't so, but lovely to have you here.

I really enjoy reading your posts.

love
    Rosie
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Happy Anniversary!

It is a pleasure having you on the board,with your uplifting posts and encouragement.

All the best to you.

{{{{xxxx}}}}}

Sue in Ontario
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Happy Anniversary!! Always enjoy your Posts and respon-
    senses to other Posts. Since it is a Paper Anniversary
    I'm gonna drop a dollar bill in the mail to you. You
    know, the one with the Portrait of Barbara Bush in the
    middle. Now we know why young George ran for Pres!!
    To keep MAMA on the Currency.
    Enjoy your day!!
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2006]
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I really enjoy reading your posts and most of all, I am glad you are here with us. Your wit and insight is treasured.

Prickles:

I think I missed Prickles tv experience/experiment. Could someone repost it, if you have the time.

Thankx,
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Happy anni ! .. I haven't "talked" to you before but have read your posts and they have been intelligent and thoughtful .. so thank you for being here !

I never thought my life would turn out this way either .. and even more so, how my husband has had his career and life crashed to a screaming hault and in such a mess.

So many of us on here with the same conclusion about our lives.
    BUT ... keeping the small comforting ways of our lives helps make us a little more at ease with this DD ..

I hope you will feel less pain .. and enjoy your life a little more with practice ? LOL

Good Luck !
    Joy the "Canuck" !
  7. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the giggles, guffaws, common sense, and honesty. Love you, man!(as the young say today).

Barry
  8. rockgor

as someone said at the online bridge table the other day. Don't know if this was a joke or an authentic Southerner.

Well, Ah am a Yankee, and Ah am not jokin'. Everybody here is kind, and helpful, which is pretty amazing when you consider what shape most of us are in.

(My own personal shape keeps getting rounder and rounder.)

Web, before I forget, was it you who asked about the TV treatment? I'll forget my own...nevermind.

Look for Prickles' post of about July 6 or just click on my profile. Yes, I know. It sounds absolutely loony.

Thank you Fight and Susan and Fingers.

Ouch, don't recognize that quote from H.W. Longfellow. We had to read his stuff in High School tho. And memorize stuff too.

"This is the forest primevil. The murmuring pines and he hemlocks stand like druids of old..."
    Evangeline

Joy, I'm from Minnesota. Your southern neighbor. Hey, maybe Ah am a Southerner at that.

Rosie. Love your Rex cats. My brother should have some. He lives in LeRoy, MN.

Mr Dad, you are crazy as Minnesota's state bird. I'll be checking my mail for that dollar.

Thank you, Honora. Thank you, Barry. Hey! I have a brother Barry.

Thank you, Blue Sky. Irving Berlin: Blue Skies, smiling at me, Nothing but blue skies do I see.

Thank you, Wendy. Here's a clue from an old crossword puzzle: "reverse tide".

Answer was "edit".

And now it's time for my nap.

But I'll be seeing you

In all the old familar places
    That this heart of mine embraces
    All day through...etc.

9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

rockgor ... does that TV treatment really make you feel better? ... Now I am curious about that, my "southern neighbor"
    Joy the Canuck ! : )
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Happy Anniversary to you,
    Happy Anniversary tooo yoooou,
    Happy Anniveeeerrrrsary dear Roooooooooock
    Happy Anniversary toooooooooo yooooooooooooooooooo!

And many moooooooooooooore.

Marta
  11. bct

bct Well-Known Member

In case you forgot, I AM your "brother"!

Love,
    Barry
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

A-FIXIN'- Getting ready. "We're a-fixin' to to the
    store."

PEAKED - Pale or sick looking. "He's lookin' mighty peaked today."

HOLLER - A smal valley. "She comes from over in the holler."

FETCH - To bring. "Go fetch the doctor."

VITTLES - " Food or victuals. "I hope ma's got the vittles on when I git home."

SMART - To hurt. "It shore smarts where I got hit."

AIM - To intend or to plan. "I aim to buy some land."

BOOK READ - Educated or well informed. "We aim for little Flossie to git book read someday."

GULLY-WASHER - A hard rain. "We shore had a gully-washer last night."

HESH UP - Become quite. "Make Jamie hesh up."

HET - To become heated or upset. "Don't let that git you all het up."

CRICK - A stiffness. "I shore do got a crick in my neck typin' all of these sayings for your anniversary...LOL

BIGGETY - Stuck up or acting big. "She's been actin' awful biggety these days."

PLUMB - Completely. "I'm plumb upset with her lollyaggin' around.

LOLLYGAG - To loaf of loiter. "Why's Clem always lollygagin' around?"

POKE - Paper bag.

RED - To clean or tidy up. "Red up you room before you fetch Grandma."

ET - Eaten. "Have they et?"

Happy anniversary Rockgor!!!!

Please print your paper gift I hope you like it,

Karen

13. kjfms

kjfms Member

I thind the board is stuck again... :)
  14. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Thankx girlfriend I will check it out! I was curious too! I hope I don't hear any voices! LOL!
  15. rockgor

Just woke up from an 8 hour naps. Longest sleep I've had in decades. I attribute the better sleep I've had the last 3 weeks to the treatment.

Joy, yes the "treatment" makes me feel better including sleeping better. I did a separate post on "the mysterious and goofy treatment from outer space."

Web, do not worry. I am told by a very reliable fortune cookie that you will not hear any more voices than you usually do.

Thanks Sisland and Barry. Barry, if you're my brother, that would explain why you're not heavy.

Thanks Marta and Karen. There's song called "Marta" that was popular in the 30s. "Marta, Rambling Rose of the something, wildwood..."

The mountain-speak glossory war rite smart. Ah def-nutly feel book red.

Now I have to see what's been going on here while I've been in the arms of Morphus.
  16. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Happy-one-year-on-the-board, Rockgor.

Kholmes