This is so embarrassing...I can't believe I'm posting this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I have FM/CFS and have terrible upper and lower back pain among other painful parts. The embarrassing part, some days the pain is so severe that I can't reach to clean myself properly if you get my drift....any suggestions? Its just not always possible to get in the shower everytime!!

2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Yes, You're pretty brave to bring this up, as I am SURE you aren't the only one in that position. I have had times like that where I'm either in so much pain or my hands are so stiff that I resorted to using a squirty bottle when necessary.

I got mine at SALLIE beauty supply!!!! You know, the kind for hair color...they make them w/ the caps that are at a slant.

Okay, so I fill it w/ warm water and presto...I keep it clean and throw it away if need be. If this idea is worth a try, buy several so that you can toss them.

I got this idea from having given birth three times and a hysterectomy so I've been using this method for quite a while, more often than usual in the last year or so.

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Deb don't be embarrassed! You probably asked a question that someone else was hoping someone else would!

They sell handles for this! Just looks like a long handle and holds tp on end. Go to Dr. or anywhere med supplies are sold. Store or online.

Also could use a squirt bottle. Just aim and fire! Then to dry or wipe use adult diapers lay on toilet lid sit and wiggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep on lol good luck
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh my gosh, please don't be embarrassed. You don't know embarassing until you've had such bad IBS - D that you don't even make it to the bathroom! =)

The squirt bottle is a great idea! Later when you can reach, use some of those feminine wipes that are great for cleaning - or baby wipes.

5. tut90

tut90 Member

I just thought you could buy a back scrubber, the ones with the long handle, they have them with a sponge attached to it, instead of the brush kind. Also, you could purchase a shower combo, the one with shower head and the handheld shower, you could find them at Lowes or Home Depot for about $40.00.

Hope this helps.

6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

but i did have a long spell( 6 months )when i couldnt shave my legs so what i did was found a long handle and i duct taped a razor to it. lol so maybe you can find some thing to help reach good luck charlene
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

About 2 years ago this began happening to me due to my arhtritis and FM. However, so far I managed to force myself to reach but I don't know how much longer I can.
  8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

don't know if this is spelled right or not, but you can get these toilet seats that are heated and spray warm water and blow hot air...... that would sure make things easier!

I don't have this exact problem yet, but I do have difficulty wiping proberly after a bm due to all my hemmies getting in the way! I use a very soft toilet paper and sometimes use wipes.
  9. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

if anyone tells you how to do it, let me know, my doctor thinks i've torn my rotor cuff and seeing as i don't have insurance i can't have an mri so i just live with it and i know your pain.
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

You all have been so gracious...and have given me some great idea's. This issue has given me pause for quite some time. I can't thank you all enough for your help:)

11. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just thought I"d let you know what I use for hemmies when their swollen,I use witch hazel ,I put some on a makeup pad sometimes it will burn alittle ,but usually it feels very cool and refreshing.
    and just makes one feel clean. sixtyslady
  12. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I have used baby wipes for years now.I think they are the only way to stay clean and cool my bum down lol.Alcohol free are best.

And I also use a big tub of AUEOUS CREAM instead of is soothing.

I also have hemmies and they make the need for cleaning a lot more important!

I have a portable bidet as well which comes in handy if I am having a bad day with the IBS.