This is so important,,Please respond?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by artseyone, Jun 25, 2006.

1. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Sorry,
    I cannot site the article or referrence, but a study showed that women who experienced trauma/ extreme stress during pregnancy were more likely to give birth to a baby w/fibro that is if the baby is female..something about the ammount of cortisol in mother's body..

I had a very abusive husband and experienced much trauma during my one and only pregnancy w/my daughter...Guess what???? She has fibro..
    My mom was pregnant w/me towards the end of WWII and experienced stress and trauma and I have fibro...
    I really need to know if any of you had this occur????

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I remember reading that too and it makes an odd kind of sense when you think about it. But nurture is as important as nature if you ask me. Besides, my friend, what can you do about it if it is true?

Hugs to you,

Marta
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

was a student when she carried me who lived on 'uppers' and 'downers' all mixed with a liquid diet. i was doomed really :D

dont put too much stock into that sort of thing.
  4. lana33

lana33 New Member

I am one that believe that could be a contribution. My mom did not have symptoms of being pregnant and her doc thought she had a tumor. They operated on her and found me. Then soon after I was born, she had a "nervous breakdown". She had bipolar disorder most of my life.

Anyway, it could be some of the cause for some people. I have always had a very anxious perosnality and never really handled stress that well.

Hugs,
    Lana