This is so sad , all the bickering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsaddenedspirit, Jul 22, 2009.

1. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

You know its sad that there is so so much bickering going on with Different post , I thought this was a place we could all share, and support each other

If I don't agree with something I normally just don't respond to the post. if I see lots of bickering going on I also stay away from this post and will not give any response..

I am sorry I do not have the energy to even want to put up with this bickering that seems to be going on .

I just wanted to say its Sad... that we all can't just get along and share information , Really if you don't agree with what's said in a post please just don't respond

.. I used to think this board was a God send .

I have not posted this to bicker or argue ,and will not go there.. just wanted to say its sad.

I pray for all to have a blessed day .

Spirit ~
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Yes all the bickering and accusations are awful. Hopefully it will not continue long.

However, look at it this way. Maybe some people who are very protective of our board, want others to see the truth so our board will remain as a great place to come to.

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

There is a difference between bickering and disagreeing. I, for one, like to hear other people's opinions, even if they are different from mine. This is how we learn. Life would be very boring if we all agreed with each other all of the time.

As long as people aren't flaming other members, I'm all for honest debate.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

disagreeing and stating one's opinions, especially when backed up by facts, is not bickering. The only way to learn is to hear all sides, do your due diligence research and form your own opinions. Democrats,Republicans and Independents don't bicker with each other (well maybe they do). But we need to hear all sides to form an educated opinion for ourselves.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I absolutely agree that there is a difference between disagreeing and bickering, and I am all for open discussion that includes differences of opinions; however, I do think that some of the recent discussion has been bordering on being mean. It is quite possible to disagree without getting to the point of personal attacks. On the other hand, I also think that a lot of what is perceived that way is coming from certain people trying to warn others of scams and to keep them (and this board) safe from such things. While I believe that even that can be done tactfully, I do appreciate the intention behind the messages.
  6. soulight

soulight New Member

Rise above it . It is hard , but in my experience , this has happened on every single board that I have ever belonged to. Try not to read those posts . Only post on positive threads. Things eventually work out one way or another.

7. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

just wanted to thank every body for this discussion ,,

please understand I also value every body's opinion , we can discuss topics and have a difference of opinion and that's good. but to do so in a calm manor , as stated our recent post regarding Patient -x and a few others , had gotten boarder line aggressive at least in my thoughts.

I just thought things kinda got out of hand is all..

I rest my case

Thanks every body , Be Blessed

Spirit ~
  8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I totally agree with you. That person was also namecalled which is uncalled for. That is the difference between disagreeing and staring trouble. Thanks for pointing this out. I am not good at explaining things and people misunderstand me. Nor am i on either side, i just thought that was too much.
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

its getting to the point that a certain person will debate against anything anyone says. I dont think anyone is wrong because this disease is so unique that everyones experience and treatment is different, even when certain points are proven, example if something is red this person will say its green just to cause a debate. In australia they call a that s--t stirring.
  10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Be the change you want to see.

11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks. We all needed that. All includes me.

You are ever the peacekeeper and it is appreciated.

12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

me too. We're only human, after all.

Peace out,
  13. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I know that I have come here to find a source of inspiration at times and education on things..sometimes I yearn for more of the uplifting than I do the education because we cope with an awful illness and we always need to remember we have that in common. That is the point I wish to make.
    Be blessed each day, I think we all need uplifting.
  14. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I think disagreeing can be simply disagreeing, or it can be something that goes beyond simple disagreement. I have a neighbor who insists on telling me when my CFS is getting better, without any regard for how I actually feel. She tells me which supplements I should take, regardless of whether they actually work for me. She does not let in my feedback on my condition or what works for me, but instead, just keeps telling me she has the right to disagree. My caregiver met her only once, and told me she would prefer not to have to interact with my neighbor again. My caregiver characterized her as a domineering know-it-all who is not interested in how I feel, only her theories about what's happening with my health.

I'm not saying this is exactly what is happening here. But I use this extreme example to make a point. Sure, there is simple disagreement, but there is also disagreement in a very thoughtless and hurtful way. And I'm not going to define where the line is, because it's not that simple. But I do agree that there is something that has flared up here recently that goes beyond simple disagreement.