This is strange

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelkisses6, Mar 28, 2007.

1. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Ok this is going to sound strange but i was wondering if anybody has ever had this happen to them? I woke up with my face hurting,well my cheek bones relly they feel like they are swollen too also where my jaw bone is,yes i have tmj but this feels diffrentright where my temples are are swollen too,thanks a head of time for your help i may not be able to post offten but i love to read all the post you guys make its so great to have a place thats friendly and knows what we're talking bout,take care all and sorrry this was so long.thanks again angelkisses
  2. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. hi angelkisses.

yes i also get the pain and swelling in the jaw and cheek muscles.i can actually see that my face is swelled,and my brother also comented on it.

my dentist is currently concerned about my jaw pain,and the clicking.she very kindly said to me...ill see you for another check up in six months,instead of the usual one year,as she wants to see how things go.

i have no dental decay,and im sure the swelling is related to the jaw problem.

but i also get the swelling in my ears.the hole was closed up,as the swelling was that bad.i just take the occasional anti inflamatory pill if the pain gets too severe.

my doctor had said that its possible that i have arthritis in the jaw,and so i should try and rest the jaw when i get the first niggle of severe pain.

kind regards
    fran
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You might have a sinus infection, or arthritis. You could try putting a heating pad or hot cloths on your face and see if it feels better.

Could you have a allergic reaction to something??? I would see the doctor if it does not go away very soon...
  5. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I just wanted to say thank you for replying to my post,ill have to check into all the ideas,i just wish this pain would go away nothing seems to be touching it,well i hope your all haveing a pain free and safe day.take care,angelkisses
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I am very relieved to hear some one else has this happening too .. throat/jaw/ear/temple pain started last week .. specifically on the left side .. I have never had anything quite like it ..
    My family doctor is away on compassionate leave .. I hate trying to explain this to a substitute doctor .. I'm hoping it will go away soon.
    It helps to hear some one else has this odd thing too though .. thank you for posting about it !
    Joy : )
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

I get that a lot infact last night I was aching with the pain all over in my ears and jaw and across the bridge of my nose.
    I also get the dizzyness with it.
    good luck

Clertyx
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...you say yours is on the left side---are you sure this isn't a migraine? I get migraines on the right side only; sometimes the actual headache isn't too bad, but the pain in my eye, ear, face and neck on that side is awful! My ear feels HOT, too. Migraine medicine takes this all away for me.

Just wondering, because you mentioned one side only...and migraines can manifest themselves with pain other than just the head...

Hope you and Angel both feel better!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. charlenef

charlenef New Member

iget this also it pulls my eyes too the jaw dr gave me the best advise ever hang your mouth open as much as possible i sleep like this all night it has really helped god luck charlene