This is suppose to be a place to come for support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendy5, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I tried finding some other post related to this but couldn't so I decided to start a new post and I hope this doesn't get me banned for speaking up but I think this needs to be addressed once again.

So many of us come here for support and to offer others support and understanding when we have no one else to turn to.

There have been so many threads lately turning negative because of someone debating what another member believes. Please share your individual ideas but please refrain from debating how someone else feels.

I hope this stops so that we can continue to enjoy this site that brought us all together.

Carolin
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Prickles - You are so very sweet and thank you for replying. I wasn't on the receiving end this time but I wanted to say something since someone else was.....if you know what I mean ;)

P.S. Thanks for such a great website you created. I love it!

Hugs,
    Carolin
  3. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I have noticed a specific person or two who seem to oftentimes be in the center of the debates and it's really annoying.

I really agree with the previous person who stated that we have to report these situations/antagonists to the moderators. It's OUR support group and it's up to us to keep the environment friendly and just that-supportive.

Anywho, good post!

Gentle hugs,

K
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

As X-President Gerald Ford once stated, "You can disagree without being disagreeable".

I put it in different words, "It isn't what you are saying, but the way you are saying it".

Please people, refrain from this behavior. No one likes to be degraded.

I am especially concerned that this attitude will spill over to the chit chat board. Members from the depression board sometimes go there to interact with others. They are vulnerable, very vulnerable. They would be devastated if a member challenged them in the manner that I've seen crop up on this board.

It is a priviledge to use this board. We are here to share information in a safe environment and give encouragement to others. Please, let's get back to Pro Health's intentions in granting us access to this web site.
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I couldn't agree more with what each of you have said.

Occassionally we see post for members to avoid threads that may be upsetting but what I have noticed recently is the bickering starts in a harmless post that should have never turned negative.

There is a couple that really stand out here and it seems the only thing they want to do is disagree with every post.

It breaks my heart to see someone lose their priviledges here but rules are rules and in my opinion this bickering needs to stop. It's hard enough dealing with the chronic illnesses we face everyday and all we want to do is come here and learn to cope the best way we know how.

I think it's a good idea to read over your reply before responding and if you have any doubts someone might get their feelings hurt then maybe it's better left unsaid. Some may not agree but words can be felt.

Wishing us better days ahead.

Carolin