This is totally weird, but...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Dec 8, 2005.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

Good morning, All. This is totally weird, but many months ago I "lost" this board. By that I mean I couldn't find it. I finally gave up and figured it had disbanded.

Today, in desperation to find others to visit with who understood CFIDS, I googled for CFIDS forums and message boards and lo and behold--here you are.

However, I didn't recognize the name "ImmuneSupport.com" and when I typed in my old user name and password, I didn't expect anything to happen. But it did. Then I found I had a history on the "View my Profile" page. Then I saw some names I remembered from the past.

This is completely and totally weird. I feel like I've just come back from, or have just entered, an alternate universe or something.

The thing that convinced me I HAD been here before were the little icons. The only thing I can figure happened is that in February of this year my kids gave me a new computer. Although a "pro" switched everything from my old computer to the new one, maybe that's when I lost this forum.

Anyway, I'm back and I feel totally weird.

I'm addiing a BUMP 'cause I really want to hear from you. Thanks

[This Message was Edited on 12/08/2005]
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

I tried to respond to your message, but when I clicked on "respond" I was sent back to my initial message. Therefore, I don't have your reply in front of me and can only go by memory, and we all know what CFIDS memories are like. :-( So I'm just hoping you'll see this. Maybe it's just one of the changes made in the forum, huh?

Also, is there a way to get a notification at home that there is a response to a message? I think there used to be, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with this "new look." Thanks.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

MsE,
    Welcome home glad you found us :)
    Dee50
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found us again.I know how you feel;I would be lost without all the great people here. I have learned so much.
    It's good to have you again.

Cheers
    Kathy.

5. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks so much for all the welcoming posts.

Someone suggested a method of usiing the "back" arrow to get back to the message I want to respond to. I'm going to try that right now and see what happens. Yea! It worked!

Now, can anyone tell me if there is a way to be notified if there has been a response to a post I write? I used to get email notifications. Is that still a possibility?
  6. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

on reply, then Open New Window. The 2nd window will open for you to reply and your 1st window still has the entire post.

I then resize the windows putting the 1st window at the top of my monitor and the 2nd window (where I type the reply) at the bottom of my monitor. This way I can look at the post and type the reply at the same time.

It sounds confusing but it really isn't. Just take your time when you first start doing it and then as you do it more it gets easier.

It works wonders, especially if I'm replying to 2 people at the same time.

Good Luck,
    Sheila
  7. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*WELCOME*~ back :)