This is tough for me....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by craziC, Sep 29, 2004.

1. craziC

craziC New Member

Some of you know my family situation. Well a few months ago my sister had called me to say hi, I didn't call her back. Today my cell phone rang when I was leaving work and it was her.

She started asking me about anti-depressants and if I think they help. Then she started crying and talking about wanting to end things. Her and my brother-in-law can't have children and it is really getting to her. Especially since her friends/family are able to have children and are pregnant.

I'm going to hang out with her this Friday. But I'm requesting prayer for her and that somehow things will work out for them. It's tough for me to request prayer for her but I feel I need to.

So please remember her - she has an appointment with her doc to discuss meds. Thank you.

Hugs,
    Cherbear
  2. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

I`m so sorry, I don`t know the particulars of your family situation~altho I have had a strained relationship with most of my siblings off `n on most of my life. She called you needing you,so we will all pray for her and her heart breaking news that she & hubby just learned. May God bless you and guide you in how you may help her. ~~~~~~~~~with hope and love, Sib
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

and just be there to listen to what she has to say. Also, you will find that if YOU pray for HER, you will find that you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T BE ANGRY WITH HER ANYMORE. We're told to do that in the bible. I will pray for you and her. Let us know how things go.
  4. BleuSox

BleuSox New Member

Does her heart ache come from not having kids or that she doesn't have adaquate spiritual knowledge?

I am new so I won't try to elaberate, but usually when we focus too much on our situation it robs us of our joy.

If at all possible... try to be kind, try to see the place where she is comming from. Obviously she thinks a lot of you if she calls you for help or advise??

Of course I will pray that God gives you wisdon and understanding. It is very hare to love those who act unlovable.

BleuSox
  5. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

When our Dad died, my brother and I really made up on lost time and got together again as siblings, having drifted apart with some bad feelings for many years.

It was such a relief to be back on course with him - I love him dearly and missed contact with him, although we live hundreds of miles apart so it's mostly phone or e-mail to stay in touch.

Enjoy your day with your sister and be there for her. Sounds like she's hurting big time with plenty of worries. Maybe God just wants this to be the moment you get back together again?

I am praying for you both and for your meeting.

God Bless
    Music Teacher (UK)
  6. craziC

craziC New Member

My sis & her hubby have been trying for 4 years to get pregnant. She's known for a while they're not able to have children. She's been trying supplements in hopes that something will work.

I think she's finally realizing that it may not be a possibility for them. I just hope that I can look past my own hurt and be able to help her.

Thanks for your prayers!
    Cherbear