This is what my ID doc said

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 28, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

So, I had called my infectious disease doctor a couple of days ago to find out his opinion on FFC. He finally called me back today, and here's what he said.

First of all, he did not know anything about FFC, but advised me to be careful. He said that any place that doesn't take insurance is questionable, and you should find out why they don't take insurance. He also believes something more than CFIDS is going on with me, because he said my fevers should not be 100 degrees from the CFIDS. He wants me to find out about the doctor at FFC and what his credentials are. He suggested that I talk to my PCP again about the fevers, because he thinks something else is going on.

My problem is that neither my PCP or my ID doc are doing the necessary testing. They run a couple tests here and there, by neither has bothered to check for possible infections, like FFC would. My ID doc also said he will not write a script for the bloodwork that the FFC wants done, because he does not want to get involved. So, now I'm going to call my PCP and see if he'll do it, because otherwise I'm not going to be able to go. It's just going to be way too much money on bloodwork alone.

Arghhh, this is so frustrating!

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Oh Kim, this is terrible...frustrating indeed!

I don't know what to say except ask you: can you find new doctors?

I don't even know if I'd bother with the ID doc anymore at all, but your PCP SHOULD be ordering tests to find out something!

I sure hope things work out for you. Remember, you are the patient. The docotor works for YOU! You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect and sometimes we have to demand it!

Take care hon,
    "E"
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I agree with your doc

Check the doctor's credentials. You can do it on line

Get the doc's at FFC and then check his/her credentials online. It is very simple. Just type in the state name and state medical board. Look under licensee information.

If I were you, I would also check surrounding states medical boards, like Ohio or West Virginia, just to be on the safe side.