This may be a formerly asked question, but.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, Feb 19, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member many nurses are here on the forums? Either working or not. And what kind of nursing did you/do you do? Miss it?

Hospice nurse
    on STD right now
    yes, really, really miss it - I had only been doing the hospice nursing for 3 years and felt that I had finally found my niche.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

just want to say, I admire you for BEING a nurse, and especially a Hospice nurse. I know it's not an easy job overall, you must have a lot of patience.

Hospice is a wonderful organization! They were so helpful to us in helping to take care of my MIL who had dementia, she lived with us the last 1.5 years of her life.

all the best,

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I'm not a Nurse either, i will say it takes a very special person to be a nurse.

You are special.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I worked for a couple of years as an O.R. nurse until my third (and not my last) daughter was born. I had another daughter and then a son and also a FIL living with us and a husband. I enjoyed it while I was doingit but was glad to stay home and NURSE everyone else including tons of youngsters and babies who came to me for childcare.

Most of their moms were Teachers (another honorable profession). Did that for about 13 or so years and I still hear from some of my moms and babies who are now grown up and married :) !! It makes me feel good when I do and they tell mine how I helped their children.

One of my grandchildren, my only grandaughter is thinking about nursing. I think she will be a good one, very caring. However, she is just a sophmore in HS so she still has time to change her mind :) !

Well, I have got to run !

Hugs to awl,

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Being a Hospice Nurse is a very respectful position!,,,,Don't know how you did that,,,,so emotional,,,,I spent 22 years as a nurse-therapy aide,,,,,Really miss the Job!!,,This DD got me and i had to give it up,,,DD is (Dreaded Disease) or you can make up a new word for the first one!,,,,

Got to work in many different spots over the years ,,,geriatrac,,surgical,,OB,,Physical Therapy aide was my favourite!,,,we had one of those warm therapy pools and i got to help the patients in there (we had to get in with some of them to help with thier exercises)
    The least favourite part of the job was Taking care of Vetarens that were old and angry,,,,,That did me in ,,,the last 6 years of employment,,,,sis
    [This Message was Edited on 02/20/2010]