This might be a strange question....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Karrot, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

But I've been thinking about the hormonal factor in all of this. And it led me to think about what women have or do that men do not. How many of you, ladies, have lived with another woman while you and she were of childbearing ages? A sister maybe.. a roommate. Or perhaps you were very close to another woman, a friend. My next question is.. Did you ever experience menstrual synchroncy?? I know I have. I lived in a dorm all throughout high school and for three years during college. I don't know what made me think of this. But obviously this synchroncy is caused by some airborn matter. Many think it's pheromones. Supposedly, men can detect pheromones, too. And a woman's cycle is regulated and shortened if there is a constant flow of men in her life (not sexually, just around). There may be something to this or not. All I know is that there is no definitive answer or known reason why this synchroncy happens. Another Medical Unknown! Another thing you can ask the doctors to make them feel stupid! :p

Tschus!
    Karrot
  2. Karrot

Karrot New Member

But I've been thinking about the hormonal factor in all of this. And it led me to think about what women have or do that men do not. How many of you, ladies, have lived with another woman while you and she were of childbearing ages? A sister maybe.. a roommate. Or perhaps you were very close to another woman, a friend. My next question is.. Did you ever experience menstrual synchroncy?? I know I have. I lived in a dorm all throughout high school and for three years during college. I don't know what made me think of this. But obviously this synchroncy is caused by some airborn matter. Many think it's pheromones. Supposedly, men can detect pheromones, too. And a woman's cycle is regulated and shortened if there is a constant flow of men in her life (not sexually, just around). There may be something to this or not. All I know is that there is no definitive answer or known reason why this synchroncy happens. Another Medical Unknown! Another thing you can ask the doctors to make them feel stupid! :p

Tschus!
    Karrot
  3. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I've had many female roommates and ended up synching with all of them!!

Great thought Trinity! We'll have to look into this topic more!

-Agent 99
  4. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I have had it happen everytime that I had a room mate. You know what makes this even stranger.....I was very close to my roommates we were best of friends, but when I lived at home with my sister, this synchroncy thing never once happened. But, now here is the weird part, I was not close to my sister at all, in fact we lothed one another. Weird.

Soft hugs!
    Secret
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

While I believe that female hormones cause us to experience these illnesses differently than men, I'm not sure that hormones are the reason that a higher percentage of us seem to suffer from the illnesses. I continue to believe that those of us with CFS/FMS are genetically predisposed and that there may be more defective genes in females than males. This is just a guess based on my research.

When my younger daughter would come home from college, our periods would align to each other. A couple of days before our periods were to begin, we would make a trip to the store for tampons, pads, and chocolate. My daughter once looked into the buggy and said, "Geez, Mom, when we check out, they're going to think that all we do is eat chocolate and bleed." I still laugh when I think of that.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]