This might make you mad.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

My dh found this on Craigslist, I can't believe that there are people that are this ignorant.....But I guess everyone has an opinion.

I was going to respond to this person, but decided I couldn't have a battle of the wits with someone that is unarmed.

Reply to:
    Date: 2008-02-05, 2:33PM CST

Yet another made-up illness by doctors who wish to keep people medicated (high), so they can stay home, watch t.v., and collect disability. Much like bi-polar, add, adhd, another EXCUSE not to work or do what you're suppose to be doing. I agree with the poster who said that people with these so-called diseases have no problem standing in line for hours when it's something that they enjoy. I know MANY people who say they can't work, or finish school because of these illnesses, but they have no problem going to Spurs games, and staying out all night drinking and dancing.
    WAKE UP PEOPLE! Somebody has to pay when people stay home and get paid for not working! Who do you think pays? That's right, the taxpayer who works! EVERYBODY gets tired, has pains, feels sick, gets depressed, etc, but you still work if you wish to recieve a paycheck. Look at the mess with food stamps, WIC, section 8, etc., if we start down this path of staying home and getting paid for an imaginary illness, EVERYBODY will come down with this illness, and we'll be further in debt.
    This is similar to Billary Clinton's Universal Healthcare proposal. She wants everybody to have healthcare (working or not), and guess who is going to get stuck with the bill? Right again, the working taxpayers. People need to be responsible for them and theirs, if they wish to survive and get ahead in this life. We need to put an end to the free ride. It's time for some tough love.

2. kjade

kjade New Member

this did make me very mad! How ignorant! Let's just hope this uninformed idiot never has to deal with any of our "made-up" illnesses.

Boy I would like to tell him/her a thing or two!! Imaginary illness? Really? I do work and did finish school, and I live with a horrific illness that is robbing me of life. No I don't go to Spurs games or hang out drinking or dancing. Those activities are a thing of the past for me!

I can't believe people can be so cruel and ignorant. Makes me sick. No wonder a lot of us keep our dd's to ourselves.

Thanks bevy for posting.
  3. jinlee

jinlee Member

I will hold him down and you can pound on him!!!! Then tell him to triple the pain and live with it everyday, and try to work and make ends meet.

We can tie him onto the back of our car and make him run for miles as we drive fast and see if he thinks the fatigue he will experience is funny, tell him it will never stop!

I guess that would be a bit cruel but it sure would feel good!

Disclaimer: No actual humans will be hurt in this procedure, just hopefully some of this guy's brain will start to function, if not we can explain the brain fog concept.

PS: Of course we forgot the 3 hour wait in the ER for treatment and the little gown that never has any ties on the back! Let him beg for meds to ease the pain, let him beg and be given an aspirin.

Like the guy said "it is time for some tough love."

4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Ya know, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but in this case....

Hopefully, someday this person will know what it is like to suffer!!

I agree that there are people out there who take advantage of the system, but those with a legitamate disability should not be put down by idiots like this who obviously haven't got a clue.

I am a working taxpayer.. but I'm not fool enough to think I will be able to do it forever..I fight to keep working and I think most of the folks here that are on disability fought hard to continue to work till they just couldn't do it anymore.

Someday, some type of disability is going to strike the writer or someone dear to him and he will realize how off base he is.

5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Don't try to make sense out of senseless people and their senseless acts. It would be a futile undertaking and would waste what little energy that we have.

If you guys hold him down, I'll run my electric mobility scooter over him. Ha, ha.
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I don't know if I could hold him down.. but if enough of us lay on him....

: )
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Goes around Comes around!!,,,,,,Yes! Joy i'll Help Hold him Down!,,,,S
  8. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I am so happy that these responses, all have humor in them....It really shows how we have come to accept our illnesses, if we don't laugh at ourselves and those ignorant people that we come across, just think how bitter we would all be.

Yeah!!!!!!!! to all with a good sense of humor,
    and big hugs to all of you for making him sound even more stupid.
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have a coffee friend who never was ill. He did not understand me and my pain.

He just got home from a acute pancreatis. He begged for pain med. and had 3 shots of morophine. He had the gall bladder out lapricscopic and the pain left. He waas sooo weak. I know that makes instense pain but sometimes I have that too. Nio one believes til they have had something. He is 64 and it was his first time in the hospital with anything.

My daughter and granddaughter believed that at first but now have come around.

I will help pound too!!!!

10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member