This *&%%^&* PAIN!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Oct 21, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

How many drugs can a person actually take and not destroy their liver/kidneys, etc??

I am in the flare from HELLO! And I have no idea why! The weather has been gorgeous over here, I have been active, but not too crazy, I haven't been eating pints of Ben and Jerry's.........It's just what it is, I suppose.

BUT, I just got back from the grocery store, and I DID buy some cheese to go with my whine! And I actually bought some wine, too. Maybe that combo would help.......I dunno. I guess I'd better be careful, huh???

OK, I'm heading for a nap-seems like the only place I can find peace anymore is in Dreamland. Take care you all. PG
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I too have had enough! I just called the dr because it feels like my nerves are on the outside of my body lately. He gave me an antiinflamitory. OK - it was only $121 - that is on top of the $101 for the Cymbalta & the $68 for the 15 Topamax I got yesterday. I will have to talk to him at my appointment on the 3rd.

Ben & Jerry's sounds kinda' good right about now! Wish I could have wine with my meds - I'm going to a birthday party tonight!

Hugs
    Kelly
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I can sure relate to those cuss words. It makes me so mad to get BAD pain from nothing. I keep saying to my husband that this is so STUPID to hurt so much from holding a paperback book for a few minutes or going upstairs a couple of times or standing to do the dishes.

Have a fling with Ben and Jerry, then rest up for some pain free days ahead. I'm sorry we hurt.

Love,

Francie
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I have been doing NOTHING but resting for almost a week now! I stopped beading, thinking that was causing too much stress on my neck and back, which always throws me into a flare.

I've been eating healthier, walking every day, blah blah blah!

I swear, this disease has a mind of its own!! It makes NO sense at all, at least not to me!!

I can be very very bad and KNOW I'm going to hurt for a long time, I can rest and be ok for a while, and know it's from behaving, OR, I can do absolutely nothing, and BAM!! HELLO!!!!!!!! We're baaaaaaaaaaaack!!! Johnny's here.........

I give up. This HAS to be the most frustrating disease on the planet! Don't you all agree??????

BTW, thanks for letting me whine, vent, cry and/or scream. PG
  5. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

All I can manage today, but agree with you here. Bad flare too.

So, so, so tired.......I know we all are!

God Bless,
    Jen
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I couldn`t agree with you more. I think too this disease has a mind of its own. One area will hurt so bad for so long, then it finally quits and another area starts killing you. It sucks to have to live like this. I always tell people this disease doesn`t kill you it just tortures you.
  7. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

If there is anything that could describe what we go through. It's like being a zombie-not really dead, and definitely not alive, either.

I even went into my 68 degree pool yesterday-hey, that's really COLD for those of us who live in the Southwest! It helped for a while. I was desperate for relief!!

I have taken more Vicodin in the past few months than I have in my life-time, I think. And that's just the 'break-through' medication. That doesn't even take into effect the other 7 or so I take on a daily basis, along with my supplements..........

Oh well. What can you do???? It took me a good hour to get moving this morning, after 12 hours in bed. I'm ready to head back right now, too!! I know my husband must just LOVE this! NOT! PG