This selling the house and moving gig is wearing me down!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 28, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I'm so tired and achy today I hope I don't make too many mistakes at work, and hope none of them are serious. Really, I should be home, but I am here, so I will make the best of it.

Tonight is our Homecoming football game and tomorrow night is the Homecoming dance, so the kids are really wound up. Add the rally (remember pep rallies?) today, and Halloween on Monday, and the energy is so high on campus we could power all the computers here with it all day!

Hopefully the kids will be too excited about all this to bother coming to see the nurse for their little complaints. Heck, if they come in sick, they might not be able to go to the game and the dance!

I am so grateful it's Friday.... I will spend the weekend doing more sorting and packing. And sleeping. This will end soon, hope I don't end first!

Just venting...

Peace and TGIF!!!!!!
    Beth.

2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

We are packing and moving this weekend from a condo to a house! Ya hoo

The cleaning has definitely wore me down. So much to think about with the disconects and reconnects at new house. I'm tripping over boxes. I'm happy I got the stove and fridge shinning. It was dirty to say the least.

Last night I went to bed at 8:30 p.m. and woke up at 7:30 a.m. this morning. Feeling better.

Cindy
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

congratulations on the new house!

I've decided that if the new owners insist on a clean house I will arrange for cleaners to come in after I move out, and have it paid through escrow if I can. And whenever we buy a new house I will insist on professional cleaning before I move in. We live and learn.

We are in escrow, should close about Dec. 5. My darling spouse is already in northern CA, so this is all on me to get it done. It's been a learning experience.

I can feel the Darvocet kicking in, I may live today.

Peace,
    Beth.

4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Yes, I agree that I'm going to pace myself with the unpacking and lifting. One good thing about moving is sorting through our belongings and getting rid of lots of STUFF!

I donated my son's smaller clothes and threw out alot. Luckily there is a big garbage pin outside our complex!

Good idea about hiring a cleaner after you've moved out. My oven would have taken a cleaner a whole shift!! I'm embarrassed it was that bad but never felt well enough to do the deep cleaning.

I've got the bullworkers (all boys & husband) but I'm the only cleaner! My youngest son is so happy to be gaining more space.

Cindy
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We are not only moving in a couple years, we are going to build a house to move into! Now that makes me tired. Not only packing but building and living who-knows-where while we build.

For the first part, I will stay here in Eureka, and my husband and friend will go to Mt. Shasta, CA, to do work. It is about a 4 hour drive from here. But, when Jim retires, I know he will want to move there. Then we have to decide what to do with our place here...sell it? Rent it? Just too much to contemplate right now.

It will be fun to have a brand new house...new had one. Better late than never. (-:

Sue
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

We'll all get through it! good thing we have each other to complain to and with!

almost time to go home. finally!

happy friday, beth.
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

"get" moved. We bought a place last year in the mountains where we were going to move. Just needed some cosmetic work. My husband went and bought it, I wasn't up to the trip and it turned out the realtor lied about the size AND it turned out to be in a flood zone, though it's been there 20 years untouched by some bad storms. STILL, my husband couldn't seem to get the work done, the painter I hired to paint the outside did a terrible job and it peeled immediately, etc etc.

Finally two months ago after living for over a year with my things all packed up and finally down to one last load, us and the pets, I just decided I couldn't chance the flood zone thing after all the floods they've had lately. Not here, but in the gulf etc.. So two months ago my husband and two of his brothers and 3 guys from my husband's crew moved all our stuff back down to our house.

We had intended, once the house was empty to paint, clean and get it on the market. Well now here I sit with the boxes, the rest in storage and no way to get the painting, cleaning etc done immediately. My husband is taking next week off to go back up and finish that place to put on the market and then we'll be free to do the things to this house.

Like many I have not been able to do deep cleaning for a long time, and though my husband tries men just don't seem to even SEE the same things I KNOW need done. I doubt I could hire someone to do my stove, luckily I bought a brand new for the
    other place so this one can just GO,
    same with the refrigerator etc.. But
    I feel like I've been living like a
    gypsy for this year plus, I forget what a put together home is like at this point.

I want so badly to get it done before Christmas but don't really think it will. This will make the third Christmas of not even a tree from all the packing, then being packed and now still packed. I forget what my things look like even. I intend to par way down to make cleaning and upkeep easier but have to get IN the boxes and stuff to even begin doing that.

So you are miles ahead of me and I never even did make the move. Time cures most problems, except these dd's I guess, but for me it doesn't
    feel like it. I get sooo frustrated and fed up, but that does no good. So while you are unpacking, slowly, think of me and say a little prayer that my home will get back to living
    quality again soon too please!