This Waiting Is Torture!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Sep 29, 2005.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

I am in the reconsideration phase of my disability claim and in the state I live in, after the first denial, it automatically goes to an ALJ Hearing. I found out from my attorney about 3 weeks ago that the only info. the judge needed yet to make his determination was he needed my earnings from my Mary Kay business (long story, but I quit my full-time job because I couldn't work the hours, then did Mary Kay, became a director, lost my position due to not being able to work the hours, etc.)so I never really made any money because I couldn't do the tasks required. This waiting is driving me CRAZY!!!!! I just want it to be over! My lawyer says I have a very fair judge, so that is good. At least if he decides it has to go to a hearing then I will have that worry off of me. I guess self-employment cases are more difficult because you don't punch a time clock or anything and it is hard to prove your hours. BUT lucky for me, I am very anal in keeping records and my hubby and I had to make copies of 3 YEARS worth of weekly sales sheets that shows how much time I worked. He is probably overwhelmed at all of my stuff, but I gave him proof! Any suggestions while waiting??
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

will pray that you get an answer soon
  3. srobins

srobins New Member

for the kind words! I appreciate it! I will just have to wait it out.
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

don't say what state you're in but it is the same here in Mo. apparently. I filed and was denied and then went to my ALJ hearing and am waiting that answer.

The waiting sucks. Mine was Aug 17. Every day I check the mailbox just hoping an approval is in there. So far nothing.

I don't really have any suggestions for ya but at least you have one more passenger in your boat! ha ha

I try not to think about it for all the good it does.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get an answer is the YES form soon

bozey
  5. gongee

gongee New Member

srobins, my heart goes out to you. I have been in your shoes and the stress from waiting, being sick, bills piling up etc. gave me two stomach ulcers to go along with everything else. My lawyer thought I would win at the reconsideration stage but I didn't, so he asked for a hearing. I was told it could be between 8-10 months to get that, but by the grace of God, I was given a hearing date in a month. It ended up with my lawyer calling me the day before letting me know that the judge did not need for me to come to the hearing as he had basis my approval on my doctor's records.The SSA disability process is one of the most grueling things I have gone through in my entire life, so my heart goes out to you. All I can say, is have patience & know that you will win.
    Gentle Hugs, Sheila
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

srobbins:
    Do not fret. If the ALJ should turn you down, not likely, there is another step. My lawyer said and so did the ALJ that the next step is to sue them. So: that might give you some peace knowing there is another step and they usually will avoid lawsuits and pay out.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan