This week just gets better and better ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shalala, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Not to be a "downer" but I guess I flunked the Mary Poppins Spoon Full of Sugar Course ... Perky Is As Perky Does ... Walking On Sunshine Is Fun ... Let's face it gang ... my lemons are so rotten I can no longer make lemonade ...

Anyway, this week just gets better and better ... after almost getting fired, finding out I do have sleep apnea (which should have been dx'd years ago), probable vertigo/Meiniere's disease, being so sick on Lyrica that I finally took myself off it, and almost having a total mental/emotional breakdown ... I find out that my eyes have really gone south too and I have a mass of floaters over my left pupil which is attributing to my inability to focus and read (my floaters overall have increased dramatically in 3 years since I last saw him), probably contributing to the daily headaches I suffer (along with sleep apnea). My Optomitrist is faxing the Neuro asking him to do an MRI. He just could not believe that no one would order an MRI on me (even though I have asked them to and my medical condition warrants it). At least he cares. He is not covered by my lovely insurance plan (I have to go to places like LensCrafters or Sears) so that was another $131 out of my pocket plus the glasses I need (lenses alone mind you) are $575 and the cheapest frames are $130. That is a whole bi-monthly paycheck. So I have to use my income tax return to buy glasses. I have to go to LensCrafters with the prescription and have them fill it and take the glasses back to my Optomitrist for a check. Then on top of this ... I will probably have to have laser surgery to see if they can help clear that mass of floaters. My Optomitrist wants me to contact him after the Neuro visit (3/20/07). He said this Neuro is a good one ... so I will go one more time. Oh ... he also brought up MS and Lupus testing.

:-( This has not been a good week and it is only Weds.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2007]
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I think I'd flunk the Mary Poppins test, too! And, I don't even have things as bad as you do right now.

Hang in there. I'd say things can't get worse, but I know better! (-: Just hope there is a bit of sunshine in your dark clouds today.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am having a hard time holding it together ... I am really worried about my eyesight. Hugs to U 2 hun. I think I will go to bed and try to sleep.