Thoracic Outlook Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kryssie, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

My dr scheduled me an appt with a neurosurgeon to be checked for Thoracic Outlook Syndrome. My dr takes care of my fibro now, but he is still concerned that this may be the biggest culprit with my pain!
    Anyone else heard of this and/or had the surgery?

2. gastitcher

gastitcher New Member

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. It usually involves the shoulder and arm.
  3. openyourmind

openyourmind New Member

I have it--it affects the nerves and circulation in my arm-mostly the right, but in the last few months the left arm too

-there are several sites on the web with diagrams and even therapy suggestions--

surgery is sometimes a choice, but my readings have shown that it may not be a long term solution since scar tissue can build back up and cause the blockage again--

it is VERY painful and causes veins to bulge in my hand and 3 fingers to turn strange shades due to the buildup of blood-putting my hand over my head allows the blood to drain--typing really aggravates it
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I had this in on both sides, AND IT WAS CAUSED BY MY NECK PROBLEMS CAUSING DISTORTION IN THE CHEST AND SHOULDERS.

I could not lift my arms to comb my hair, without my face turning blue, and I had all the changes seen otherwise.

I had facet joint injections in my neck injected, and then a specialized chiropractor realigned the neck under sedation, after the injections, and it totally cleared it up, like magic.

Surgery, is not always necessary, believe me.

Make the neurosurgeon check your neck, and see if you have degenerative changes and problems with the neck, which can be treated and the neck manipulated into place, and see if it can relieve the symptoms.