THOSE GOING TO FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Nov 27, 2005.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

DID YOU GET SPECIFIC DIET AND DO TOU STICK TO IT? THX
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Not until I started on an anti-yeast program. Then I was told to cut out the candy.

Also, I was told before that I shouldn't eat carbs, pasta, etc because I was getting sick after eating them.
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I went on the Candida diet and was told to follow the guidelines in the yeast connection. I have been off sugar since Fbruary and stuck to the entire diet from late April until october when I began to add some other food in. i now eat what I want with the exception of sugar and artificial sweetners, but I avoid bread and eat The foods not on the diet in moderation. I more or less follow a south beach type diet. My IBS cleared up and I feel better and have lost 28 lbs. Lynn
  4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

IM TRYING TO GET MY MIND SET. IM OVERWEIGHT AND DIETS ARENT MY STRONG SUIT LOL
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

when I asked about it. Things to avoid, things to use more of, ratio of protein to carbs, etc. They could mail you a copy.
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was never a good dieter either I love to cook and eat! Try to start with one thing at a time to begin with. The biggie is sugar. If you can just quit sugar and artificial sweetners that would be big. I felt so bad I was just desparate to do anything to get my life back and that was my motivation. It maybe too hard during the holidays. Maybe just work on cutting back for now. Good Luck! Dieting is the hardest thing out there period! lynn
  7. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I've been on the diet for four weeks - have lost 7 pounds and I'm starting to feel MUCH better. More energetic. Slightly less pain. The FFC put me on hormones three months ago and killed my sweet tooth and munchies. Haven't had too many cravings - I'm just bored. So I'm going to Whole Foods Market today to see what I can find in the way of wheatless pasta, etc. There's only so much meat and rice cakes and vegies I can stand.

I stopped eating eggs, wheat, other gluten (oats, brown rice, etc.), soy, fermented stuff, yeast, molds, fungus (mushrooms), vinegar, sugars (all kinds), artifical sweeteners, alchohol...restaurant breakfast today was a bunless hamburger and steamed vegies! Interesting, for sure.

Worth it though for the extra energy!
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

try Mrs Leepers veggie twists, Vans wheat free waffles, wheatfree tortillas for homemade pizzas and quesadilla and veggie wraps. Amy's Organics makes a vinegar free spagetti sauce and there is a vinegar free salad dressing but I thought it was awful. You may like it. There are also some wheat free cookies which aren't great but better than nothing. They have a small amount of fruit juice so I cut them into fourths and just ate one every few days. There are some secent crackers by smokehouse alomond people that are made with Hazelnuts and rice flour. I found all these things at whole foods in Atlanta. Good Luck! Lynn
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

Did you feel worse for awhile after quitting sugar?

I need to quit. i'm addicted to Coca-Cola. I don't drink the diet stuff because it caused me to have bladder pain.

I really need to quit, but don't really want too.

10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I quit cokes and switched to diet cokes several years ago. I was having trouble sleeping so I quit the diet cokes and had a caffiene headache for three days. When I quit sugar I did not feel any worse but had bad cravings really bad. I just kept thinking of the yeast monster in my gut begging me to feed him and how I wanted to starve him out and that helped get me through it.

I actually am about as undisciplined as you can get. When I was in college and someone came by my room and said hey lets go out I was there even if I had class early the next day or was supposed to be studiing. I could always be talked into getting dessert even if I was stuffed to the gills. I really don't know how I did it I just did. I was desperation to do anything to feel better. It was very hard. I hope this helps. Lynn
  11. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

you all are giving me hope, i stay on a diet for about two weeks then Igo beserk.

i really need to do this. its loke AA ILL BE ASKING FOR HELP.

CANT TYPE EITHER LOL