Those of you with M.E...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karynwolfe, Oct 9, 2009.

1. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Is there any herb you take for cognitive support that actually works? I cannot take ginkgo biloba, or olive leaf extract. My cognitive symptoms are pretty severe (enough to keep me from driving at all) and I would really like some ideas from people who have the experience. =(
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

PhosphatidylSerine helps my brain function quite a bit. I really started taking it to help lower my nighttime Cortisol levels, to help improve my sleep. I was told to take 3 at night, but I am only taking one. I went from sleeping 3 hours a night to sleeping about 5. I think I'll try taking 2 tonight.

I've noticed I can complete the hardest level of Sudoku puzzles now, where before, I always got stuck and had to cheat. I am especially skilled in completing these when awake during the middle of the night. Very scientific, I know, but wanted to tell you it has helped.

I started taking B-12 injections about,,,,,,,,,2 years ago? I felt very foggy headed, like cotton for brains. I would get a clearing of my brain, lasting maybe the rest of the day and part of the next.

Also, when I was Synthroid for Hyopthyroidism, my brain was WAY scattered, dazed, doopy feeling. The minute I switch to Armour, 200% improvement.

Hopefully something here will help.
  3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Thanks, I'll look that up!