Those opposed to Sen McCains proposed bill

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TigerLilea, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

For anyone who is opposed to Senator McCains proposed bill, Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 (DSSA) you can go to Life Extension Foundation where they have an email you can send to your state and federal representatives asking them to vote against the proposal.

http://tinyurl.com/yfnf8cf

Edited to add the link for Sen. McCain's website for anyone who wants to read the full text of the proposed Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 (DSSA).

http://tinyurl.com/yczwgzg

[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2010]
  2. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 New Member

Tiger is trying to be helpful and you just can't keep yourself from spouting off and dishing out insults and ad hominem attacks, completely unprovoked. Ignore List.
  3. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Your statement re health freedoms being threatened by FDA regulation of supplements. I guess it's just a matter of whose ox is being gored. On one hand, you want Gov't control of every aspect of our health EXCEPT as it pertains to supplements! I feel just the opposite. Hands off our health care system,however,supplements are,just what the word implies an addition to our dietary needs,should they be lacking. FDA oversees quality of food,why not nutritional supplements?
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'll post a link to the McCain web page. I respect the views of the Life Extension Foundation, so I was comfortable posting their point of view.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2010]
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm also a member of LEF. Love their magazine. I try and buy most of my vitamins and supplements from them as they are the one company that I totally trust as far as quality products. And I like the fact that ALL of their information comes from peer reviewed medical journals from around the world.
  6. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

O.k. I don't know a lot about the flouride issue,I'm just not getting why your'e so resistant to some oversight where supplements are concerned. I've already posted a health scare I experienced just a few months ago. Something in that supplement was making me sick! You keep saying you've never had problems,but your just one of millions taking supplements,I doubt I'm the only one whose had the adverse reaction to a supplement. Sixpac,our healthcare sysytem needs reform,true. Tort reform and giving citizens the ability to shop across state lines for coverage would be a good start. This has been suggested by the Repubs. and more conservative Dems as well,so far they have met with resitance to this. Why? Because the trial lawyers are in Obama's back pocket. By the way,who do you think will be making your health care decisions,with a gov't plan?? Just another bureaucrat,pushing pencils and paper!~~~Jeanne