Those taking Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Just a quick ? for those taking Lyrica? After taking this med. for awhile were you able to get off all other Fibro meds and supplements you were taking? I have just started taking Lyrica but I am still on all the other fibro meds. I've been taking but my Rheumy did take me off all supplements except Magnesium and cod liver oil. I feel good on Lyrica and it would be so WONDERFUL if this continued, minus the side effects and I could quit taking all other meds and supplements. Any information would be appreciated!
    THANX! "HUGS" to all!
    Love, Debbie
    I have been on Lyrica just a short time 6 days, 50mg. 3x a day and next week 150mg. 2x a day. Side effects have decreased immensly- drowsiness, dizziness, head pressure and blurry vision. Hopefully they don't return next week when I up my dose.
  2. mrsED

mrsED New Member

I have been taking Lyrica for about 2 months. It has helped me with sleep and energy but not so much with pain. In fact I think I'm in a major flare right now. Or, perhaps because I am feeling more energy, I am overdoing and hurting myself. (My husband thinks that is the reason).
    Anyway, to answer your question, so far I haven't been able to stop any of my meds, but I believe i have read on this site that some have been able to stop other meds.
    If you do a search for Lyrica or pregabalin you will find a lot of info. There has been a lot written on the topic.
    Good luck. I hope Lyrica works well for you.
    MrsEd
  3. lin123

lin123 New Member

The Doctor that did my back surgery just prescribed this medication today for me. He's trying it for nerve damage. I'm not going to start it until Thursday ot see how I do on it.