Those who use air mattresses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna13210, Jul 24, 2003.

1. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I've read a few posts from people who swear by their air mattresses.

I can't afford a good air mattress or a new bed, but I could maybe manage a less expensive version such as those used for camping.

Do you think it would work just as well?

Thought I would ask before I spent the money!

Thanks
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have a friend who has FM and uses a Sleep Number bed at home. When she travels she always takes her Aerobed with her and uses it on top of the hotel bed, or on the floor, if there are three people in the room.

I bought an Aerobed for myself based on her experiences. I finally used it in June when I visited my son and daughter-in-law in New York. It was great! I was comfortable and slept like I was in my own bed.

So I would say it can be worth the money to buy one.

Barbara
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have been stuck with an air matress.I used to have a waterbed mattress but I finally gave up on it after 20 yrs.The cats I have now are constantly putting holes in them.I shut my bedroom door every morning and I also have a thick mattress pad,but the one cat always goes along the edge of the bed when I am sleeping and plays...which puts huge holes in the mattress.I loved my waterbed,but I am tired of filling/refilling and patching holes.I cannot afford a descent mattress and am stuck with an air mattress...it could be worse.(it is the thicker kind used for camping)
  4. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Thanks for the responses!

Bumping to see if I can get more info...............
  5. jacob77

jacob77 New Member

Try a Select Comfort bed-they are the ones with the number system. I have a twin and it's very comfortable. The twin was only 199.00. Ask the salesperson if they have any demo beds on sale. That's how I got mine so low.Mine does not have the number system. It also has more support than the aero bed.
  6. jacob77

jacob77 New Member

Try a Select Comfort bed-they are the ones with the number system. I have a twin and it's very comfortable. The twin was only 199.00. Ask the salesperson if they have any demo beds on sale. That's how I got mine so low.Mine does not have the number system. It also has more support than the aero bed.
  7. cindy_cfids

cindy_cfids New Member

I bought the air mattresses at Walmart & they work fine (don't sit on edge though) Coleman brand is a couple bucks more, but worth it, I think they last longer. I spent $100 on an air mattress 25 years ago & think the coleman is comparable.
  8. FibroRN

FibroRN New Member

My husband and I put a cheap camping air mattress on top of our regular bed and find it very comfortable. We bought ours for $20.00. It is holding up great. We put a mattress pad on top of it for added protection from our Jack Russell terrior that sleeps with us. It's worth a try. You won't be out of that much money if it doesn't work for you. Good luck!
  9. donna13210

donna13210 Member

That's what I was hoping to hear, that a camping air matt may work as well as an expensive one. (Of course anything over $20.00 qualifies as "expensive" to me! ha ha)

Geez, Monica, I hadn't thought about the odor! I am SO sensitive to odors, more so than other (normal) people. I hope if I buy one, it's not too bad............Hopefully a mattress pad will help.

I'm assuming that those who recommend an air mattress do so because they sleep better and feel less "beat up" when they wake up in the mornings.

Thanks again to all