Those who used Midrin for migraines, what do you use now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Apr 26, 2011.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I was gonna ask my doc here in the UK for this since it seems to be super effective for a lot of migraine sufferers... Alas, I just did a search to find it was discontinued! What alternative are severe migraine sufferers using? I need something that will not cause weight gain! I gain so easily and can't lose cos I can't exercise much at all!
    Thanks to anyone who can help! :)
  2. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I used it many years ago. It made me sleepy, however, everyone is different. I'm sensitive.
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

4. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Shelbo!

I also have had migraines and have tried different meds throughout the years! My dr. prescribed a med called Lamictal last year and I hardly EVER get migraines anymore! I have maybe one every 2 or 3 months now and they are not severe. What a lifesaver after a lifetime of migraines!! I did'nt gain any weight on them but everyone reacts differently to the same meds sometimes right? I would look it up on the web and see what the side effects are.

I hope you can take this and it works well for you. I can not say enough good things about Lamictal!! It has helped me SO much in dealing with all of these other DD's!

Good luck!
    Faith, Peace and Hope, Julie