those with heart irregularities...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meeee74, Dec 12, 2006.

1. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

I was dx with postural tachycardia (not quite sure if that means I have POTS) and I have also had ectopics. For some reason at various times throughout the day I get a bounding (not pounding like a panic attack) heart beat. Pulse is normal but it is hard! I also get this often at bedtime. It gets hard then soft then hard again. For most of the night until I fall asleep my heart beat is hard. I also get tachy when changing positions in bed. Anyone else have these strange symptoms? What do you do for them? Is there anything to do for them?

I have been increasing my water and salt and the ectopics and postural tachy have been better, but not a whole lot. I also am worried that I am drinking too much but the more I drink the better my heart does. But my stomach cramps when I drink too much and I pee excessively!!! What to do... I'm so scared of all this.

Erica
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

I can hear and feel my heart beating. I could take my pulse just standing there, not touching my wrist or neck or anything, just from the feel of the beat against my chest (I don't as I doubt it is the most reliable way). Sometimes it gets really fast, other times really hard and other times both.

It makes it incredibly difficult to sleep when it does that and it happens and every night. It also happens after a bath or shower. I usually shower at night, because I need to lie down and let my heart rate get back to normal afterwards. Sometimes when I shower during the day, I have to cancel plans because my heart is bothering me so much.

My doc put me on beta blockers, they've helped a little, he doubled the dose, I'm still not better. I have an appointment with a cardiac electrophysiologist next Thursday. I'll let you know what he says about all this.
  3. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

that would be greaat to know what he says!!!
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

that this could be a potential complication of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). EBV is now known as the cause of Mono.

Potential Complications of Infectious Mononucleosis
    Myocarditis and cardiac conduction abnormalities

Title: Epstein-Barr Virus Infectious Mononucleosis
    By: MARK H. EBELL, M.D, M.S., Athens, Georgia
    www.aafp.org/afp
    October 1, 2004 ? Volume 70, Number 7

I have these too.