Those with LYME, please read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wasabi, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Wasabi

Wasabi New Member

I've mentioned this in a couple of other earlier posts, but in case some of you missed this, American writer Amy Tan (Joy Luck Club, etc.) suffers from Chronic Lyme Disease. She has talked openly about his illness, and her web site includes an entire page about her own experiences with Lyme:

http://www.amytan.net/LymeDisease.aspx

I mention this, because many FM/CFS sufferers also have Lyme, and some of us have been misdiagnosed and do not know that we have Lyme. Many of the symptoms overlap. In any case, Lyme Disease is worth looking into as a possible underlying issue with FM/CFS--if one does have Lyme, it's very important to treat it, as it progresses in severity.

Best wishes to all!
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Thanks for posting that Wasabi. That was a very good article. My cousin just got dx'd with chronic lyme. So many of Amy's symtoms are mine. I have CFID/fibro. All these disease are so related. I tested negative for lyme's, but we know that that doesn't mean a thing.
  3. kikdoc

kikdoc New Member

I have had fibro for about 9 years, but was diagnosed this summer with chronic lyme (after having 2 negative tests). I finally found a doc who would run the right tests, and I am positive for borrelia. So far treatment is really hard....but at least there is hope that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. I would urge all fibromites to read up on lyme and the signs of lyme+ (NOT the regular ELISA screening test).