thought I was going to EXPLODE-----literally!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Oct 2, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

those of you have read any of my posts lately know I haven't been feeling so hot these days. We had a family gathering last night for my FIL BD, had a potluck, lots of good food etc. I'm a BIG pepsi fan, but due to how I am feeling I've been rethinking my eating/drinking habits. So we are not buy any more pop> *scared spitless*
    Anyways, after we had "snack" in the evening my stomach was NOT happy! My intestines hurt like a bugger especially on the left side. I have IBS-C and hadn't gone properly for a while, so when I got home I took a laxative. The major pain I was having in my intestines only increased thru out the night, so needless to say I didn't get much sleep.
    I was starting to think it was time for hubby to take me to the Emergency Room, cause I was wondering if maybe I was having a blockage or something. I didn't know what to do with myself. Finally at around 5:30am I could pass some gas, which helped releave some pressure. Then at about 6 am, it was off to the potty with me!
    So, now I am cleaned out, wiped out, but feeling emptier.
    I am exhausted for no sleep and the painful experience. Just thought I'd share my sleepless, scared night with you all. Thanks for listening!
    Raz
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

no, I have never had a colonoscopy or anything like that ever done. Dr. has never suggested it. They just figure since I don't have any blood in my stool everything is A OK.
    My gut is in an uproar! You live in Canada, right? How do I do a google search for Canada to find out if I can go on disability?
    Raz
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know it's long but it will take you directly to the Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits page:

www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/isp/cpp/disabi_e.shtml

Good Luck

Kathy.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

5. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

I had the same problem with ibs-c. I would go to the bathroom and then the pain would set in, terrible cramping and then only a little relief, sometimes gas, sometimes poop.

In July my Doctor had me start taking Citricell pills 2x a day, morning and bedtime. If i am having a bloated or crampy feeling I take one during the day. or will add one to my bedtime dose.

it has really helped, I am regular and don't have the cramping, I also have lost 12pounds since starting them.

good luck
    "J"
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

razorqueen:
    I have the same problem and usually the meds hit four in he morning which doesn't bother me since it is: mission accomplished!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

in the past before I knew what was going on,and they make me even more constipated. Magnesium in high dosages usually works the best for me. I just need to take it regularly! DUH. I have a prescription for Modulin from my doc that I take when my IBS acts up, but it didn't help with the pain the other night!

I just realized my original post was edited, sorry, I didn't realize I couldn't say that word on here!
    I want to check out Deigestive Advantage next time I go to the US, aand will check on the Citricell.
    Thanks,
    Raz
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Razorqueen ... I have a terrible constipation problem .. but since I have taken the "Equate" type of "sennacot" ? senna & stool softener .. 3 tabs at bed time ... I have been a lot more regular .. I haven't spoken to my doctor about long term useage .. I guess I better do that .. but it does help ..
    And that feel like I'm going to "BLOW UP " thing .. yup .. been there done that and REALLY hate it too ... sigh
    Hang in there !
    Fudge : )
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

Works great for me and my godmother, who has terrible IBS. Its natural organic flaxseed (2 tbsp in juice, or over cereal or yogurt). It really doesn't taste bad at all. Really gets everything going properly, and is totally natural. I believe it only took 2 or 3 days for my godmother to see major effects of it!

Also...my 2 cents on laxatives....I've always had HORRIFIC cramps on just abt all of them, correctol especially. Recently discovered Phillips MOM caplets...very very gentle, none of that awful cramping.

We've all been there! Hope you feel better!!!
    RAchel
  10. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and it has flax seed in it, so maybe that will help. OH! isn't correctal the worst???? UGGH! I use Dulcolax, and most of the time I don't get bad cramps. SOme time I do, where I end up almost throwing up or actually throwing up do to the entense cramping and the pressure.
    I don't like to use laxatives if I don't have too. But the magnesium really does work to keep my IBS undercontrol, IF I take it!!!
    Raz
  11. razorqueen

razorqueen Member