Thought I was having a stroke...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen_dean, Mar 26, 2003.

1. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

Scared to death..but had a prism effect in center of both eyes,couldn't see straight, panicked big time..then my right hand got pins & needles, then went numb..knowing now it was signs of a migrane..nothing heavy duty with the headache tho..but was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with taking malic acid w/ magnesium malate..prescription drugs I take with them are..clonazapam & premarin..just started this herb two days ago (3 daily),just curious & starting to do the "natural" alternative other than heavy duty drugs..diagnosed with FM & CFS in January this year. Any feedback would certainly be appreciated...Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2003]
  2. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I get the prism thing in the eyes all the time. It is a optic migrain or so I was told by my doctor. I can't take malic acid it makes me sick(stomach). Sorry you had this experience. The numb hand thing could be from panic. Feel better! Flibble
  3. dd

dd New Member

I get the "prism" effect too. I started having migraines when I was 7 or 8 and it scared the he.. out of me. Now I get a migraine about once a month...which is good for me. Sometimes I get the blurry vision in both eyes but usually it is just one...lasts for about 20-30 minutes then the migraine hits. I have never tried the malic acid or magnesium. When I notice that a migraine is coming I rub some Ben-Gay on my neck, take a fiorinal, get out my heating pad and go to bed in a dark room. It works everytime.

Peace,

Debbie