Thought I Was Out Of The Woods

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herblady, Sep 27, 2002.

1. herblady

herblady New Member

well since my elbow is so much better i thought i was in good shape. WRONG. 6 days ago i made the mistake of letting my grandson drink out of my straw. he had a cold. now i have a cold. my chest is real congested and with this emphysema i'm afraid i'll get pneumonia again. i want to whine and cry right now. i feel terrible. my husband doesn't give a damn. i want to take a nap and be babied like a kid. thanks, i needed that. cindi
  2. herblady

herblady New Member

well since my elbow is so much better i thought i was in good shape. WRONG. 6 days ago i made the mistake of letting my grandson drink out of my straw. he had a cold. now i have a cold. my chest is real congested and with this emphysema i'm afraid i'll get pneumonia again. i want to whine and cry right now. i feel terrible. my husband doesn't give a damn. i want to take a nap and be babied like a kid. thanks, i needed that. cindi
  3. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Cindy, Sorry to be so late in wishing you a
    speedy recovery. If I were there, I'd baby you. I'm
    really good at it. You deserve to be babied, when/ever
    you need it, and I'm almost sure you never ask for it.

I've been keeping up with your elbow posts, and I'm
    so glad that it's under control now. But, If it aint one
    D*** thing it's another.

We all care about you, and want you to be as well as
    possible. Hope your grandchild is well by now.
    You are not the only one who's hubby won't take
    compassion. (Don't they whine over the least little thing?)
    Well, just wanted you to know someone was thinking about
    you. Let us know when you're out of the woods.

Sincerely thinking of you Cindi!
    LadyDi

4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

what a kick in the pants when you were doing so much better with your arm. my husband has the flu, or a bug of somekind with a temp of 101. pleaaaaaasssssseeeee don't let me get it.

boy, men sure do moan and groan when they are sick!!!! hope i didn't offend any of our male fms, cfsers! boy, we would be moaning and groaning 24/7 with these dd.

warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

thanks. the sympathy feels good. ok, here is my all natural approach for fighting this cold. i do feel better today than yesterday:
    i slept 12 hours last night. sleep is the greatest healer.
    i'm am drinking 2 different teas, one is to fight the virus and relieve pain, it consists of elderflower, yarrow, peppermint, hyssop and a half part of black elderberry. the other tea is a combo of breathe easy tea by traditional medicinals and coltsfoot and extra eucalyptus, this is for my congestion and cough. the first tea i drink every 2 hours, the second every 4 hours.
    every 2 hours a few drops of saline nasal spray in each nostril. this shrinks membranes, dehydrates the mucous and also dehydrates some of the bacteria and viruses. after this takes effect i follow it up with a couple drops in each nostril of colloidal silver mixed with water.
    then supplements -echinacea with goldenseal, ester c, lots of olive leaf and beta glucans.
    i intend to get over this naturally and faster than usual. oh, and not to get pneumonia. we'll see how it goes. i know most people would not want to go to all this trouble but i feel strongly about natural cold care. cindi
  6. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

can be a terrible thing. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I recently had a case of bronchitis and was scared to death it would turn into pneumonia. It was the first time I had been sick since my diagnosis 2 months ago. Fortunately, I went to the doc ASAP and got it taken care of. I'm sorry that your hubby is unsupportive - a swift kick in the pants for him. As for you, take that nap, don't get out of the bed until you darn well please.

I'll send you healing thoughts over a cup of tea. Lisa
  7. herblady

herblady New Member

thanks a lot hon. my only fear is pneumonia, with the emphysema and all. almost a year ago i got a chest infection and ended up in the hospital on iv therapy. that was scarey and i don't intend for it to happen again. cindi
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Make that man of yours buy you a zapper. Mine gets rid of viruses in one sitting with my adding an extra 20 minutes of straight zapping. I always repeat a second day just to ensure none of those evil little beasties survive.

Love, Mikie
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

no way. i won't even ask him. if i told him what it was after he laughed his head off he'd scream it off. he wouldn't want to spend the money plus he would think it was nonsense. he's a nurse and thinks he's a dr. and thinks he knows everything. cindi
  10. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I love my neice and nephew, but it seems as though after they come for a visit they always leave me with a cold. I think it's the stress of cleaning and taking care of them as well as germs. Take care.
  11. ladydi

ladydi New Member

BUMP
    Hey Cindy,
    Today is Sunday and I thought I'd give you a little bump.
    Wanted to see how you are feeling.

Hope all is well.
    Take Care,
    LadyDi
  12. selma

selma New Member

Wish I could be there to hug you and say I understand.

You need to baby yourself! My husband is great,BUT he won't cook and will delay eating until I'm starving. I've learned that I need to provide for MYSELF.
    God helps those that help themselves. I don't know who said it, "If mama ain't happy, aint nobody happy!" HEE HEE

But true.

Love and SOFT HUGGGS, AND PRAYERS, Selma

13. herblady

herblady New Member

today i'm not feeling as bad. just very sleepy. my congestion is down and i've been able to do my housework. my fever is gone, too. still congested but it's very easily coughed up so there's not much worry over pneumonia. i'll be ok, i think the stuff i'm taking is shortening the course of it. cindi
  14. herblady

herblady New Member

off the top of my head i can't think of any antimicrobial uses for those spices. it coulbe be that it just kept your innards stronger and healthier. i'm getting ready to do a post on spice rack medicine. you'd be surprised what herbal medicines you already have in your house. cindi