Thought I would share...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sunshyne1027, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Some scriptures that my Pastor has been concentrating on within his sermons/messages on Sundays. Thought I would share them.

I Corinthians 12:25-26
    "...so that there should be no division in the Body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

Ephesians 4:16
    "From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."

"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one Body, and each member belongs to all the others." Romans 12:4-5
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks for sharing those verses with us. They are so true.
    It's like us here at the Worship board, we are so strong together, because pray and support each other as one body.
    Thank you Lord for the blessings this board and the people have brought to each other thru prayer and support. There is a genuine concerns that each person here has for the other. I know I sensed that the first time I came here.
    God bless everyone here.

Danny
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Like Debbie said, I have not read those Scriptures in awhile, so thanks for bringing them to mind.

One of my favorites is; Ephesians; 2: 8-9
    'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: It is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.' (King James Version).

Yes, we are all one in the Lord Chirst Jesus.............

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2003]
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

We are concentrating within our church on becoming more of a community, or like One, each doing a part. Each of us sharing a part of us, to support all of us, becoming One. I feel it happening.

If one part suffers, yes, the rest suffers. These scriptures helped alot to understand what my gifts are, what it is I am to share and do next.

There is not equal concern right now for all the members. Or understanding coming from a Christian view, for the members with depression and chronic pain and illness.

My hopes and dreams are to spread this to other churches also.

Glad you all liked the scriptures. I have some more I will share later. Like the ones you all shared too!!

I been studying, reading alot lately. Learning and growing! Loving it. Heck, if I can't work right now, what better way to spend my time.