Thought it was FM pain but it was my appendix

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Sep 10, 2009.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I've had FM pain for so long, I just discarded my pain this past weekend. I ended up in the ER and had my appendix removed. I have to be careful about my pain but who knows when I'm in pain my entire life when something like that is going on! 5 more hrs. and it would have bursted.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I take blackberry leaves tea for that and it has always fixed it on me over the years. It has saved me a hospital trip. I'm sorry you had to have it taken out.

You are right, we must always be careful of blaming everything on the disease.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

glad you are ok, sorry you had to go thru that, though
  4. keke466

keke466 New Member

So sorry you went thru that. I've had FM since 98 and it's hard to tell when it's something else. A few weeks ago I woke up with what I thought was a simple UTI,which I get frequently, but after taking antibiotics for a week I kept getting worse instead of better. I started having severe pain on my right side and back and then it spread to the lower areas. I was having chills and running fever then started vomiting. I starting to wonder if it was my appendix or gallbladder. I missed several days of work. I couldn't do anything but lay in bed. I came home one Sun morning from work and couldn't take it anymore and had my sis take me to the ER. They said I was dehydrated,gave me an IV,shot for the vomiting and pain meds.
    Boy did that pain med feel good,first time I've been completely pain free for a few hrs in yrs.LOL.. Did an ultrasound and said it wasn't the appendix or gallbladder,I'm thankful. I had a kidney infection instead and a cyst on the right kidney. My dr gave me cipro this time and is going to do a CT to check out the cyst as soon as I can get back in. When the infection went away the pain subsided but I'm still having some pain on the right side at times but not like it was and I'm still at my stomach but no vomiting. I had no appetite at all and have lost 5lbs in 3wks which is very unusual for me. That was a pain like I've never had. I'm hoping it's the kind of cyst that will go away on it's own. If anyone has had one on the kidney,any advice?