Thought We Had Found Health Insurance We Could Afford

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

and that would cover us all and not deny us. Well we did, but it will cost the three of us $1,166.00 per month and that is with a deductible of $2,500 each per year. I am sick about this issue because we have no insurance now and really can't justify that amount each month.

TxSongBird
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

we are in the same boat... once I added up our premiums vs the cost of 2 c-sections and my daughter's hospitalization for rocky mtn fever, plus a laparscopy on me... guess what, it equalled out!

I do have hospitalization insurance just for myself with a $3,500 deductible and with endometriosis EXcluded. For this privilege I pay $450+ per month. The system is sick! - but I feel it's necessary 'just in case' of something catastrophic happening to me.

Wish I could tell you somewhere to go, but it is hard to find affordable insurance when you are not employed or self-employed!

Vicotira

3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Now I am sickened that this is what we would have to pay for any insurance. My husband and I are not eligible even for major medical due to health conditions.

TxSongBird
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i'm lucky enough to be able to get health insurance through my job, nut my husband is self employed and we can't afford insurance for him at this time. it's a very messed up system in this coutry when i work as a nurse and i can't get health coverage for my husband, ny company has no coverage for spouses and to get a policy for just him was aroung $500 a month. he doesn't even have any major pre-existing dx's, just adult add. i really hope that someday we will have universal healthcare in this country!
    rachel
  5. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

We need a system which says it cares. Sorry all of you are in difficult situations here.