Thousands in Illinois without power

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Dec 3, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Downstate Illinois got hit especially hard with this ice and snow storm. My mom has been without power since Thursday night but fortunately my sister who lives across town did have power so my mom decided after a couple of nights of freezing that it wasn't worth it.
    It is becoming quite a serious situation. The Red Cross and the National Guard have been involved trying to get to people who are stranded in their homes without power.

There are so many downed trees and big branches and downed power lines that it is making traveling very difficult. There is an estimated 200,000 thousand without power. I think the Missouri area was hit also hard. I am not sure if we have anyone on the board from that area.

I know Littlebluestem and Sixtylady both live in Illinois so I hope they are both okay.

I am sure all those residents would appreciate your prayers as I think this is going to go on for a stretch before all the power can be restored.

Thanks.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

Lord we ask that you protect those people in Illinois and other states that have been so affected by this snow/ice storm. Lord please comfort those who are away from their homes and bring them peace. Lord please protect their homes in their absence and strenghten all the agencies who help during these times. Lord help everyone find food and shelter. We ask all things in Jesus' name.
    Amen
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

said a pray for all the people in the midwest to get their power back on.
    we got 16" of snow and had to sit tight for awhile but we didn't loose power,so I was very thankful for that.
    hope your Mon and sister have their power back on by now,and maybe this will be the big one for the year.
    and we"ll cruse thru the rest of the winter.
    stay warm. Hugs sixtyslady
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Glad you are ok. My sister has power so she is one of the lucky ones. Thanks for posting.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so glad to see that you are safe. So it isn't as bad where you live?

I have to try to get in touch with my son that lives near you.
    I remember those days. It was bad times. It is times like this that I am glad to be back in Florida! I will pray for you all.

Sixtyslady & Littlebluestem,
    I am so glad to hear that you all are safe also!

Love...Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]