Thread on CDC's Genetic Research Deleted!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Oct 22, 2006.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

I spent a lot of time replying to a post on the CDC's genetic study of CFS last night. There was an interesting dialogue going on, and a lot of good information was shared. To my surprise, I signed in this morning only to find the entire thread deleted!

There wasn't anything offensive in it.

I've been getting the impression that anyone who dares to post on research is not welcome here. This seems to confirm it.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  2. apl

apl New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed it was missing.

I also can't imagine what could have been wrong about the posts in that thread, so now I'm feeling pretty paranoid - I don't think it could have been the research material mezombie, I think that at least one of those articles (possibly the CDC study?) was posted on this site as well. Perhaps it was just a mistake?

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Yes. It was Hayleycole. She started the thread, but did not participate in the following posts. There must have been about a dozen. A number of members posted.

That's why your message on sixtyslady got my attention.

Why delete an entire thread that contains helpful information just because the original poster doesn't like it? I will contact techsupport on Monday, but I suspect Hayleycole deleted it.

She deleted a thread on this subject a few days ago, but that I could understand. Things got personal, and some nasty remarks were posted. That was not the case on this thread!

There are all sort of ways to be rude, and if the thread starter deleted it, I think that was pretty nasty and not in the best interest of the board.

Why should I bother posting about researh on here? Please tell me, why?
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

I just got a message from ProHealth. They did <b>not</b> delete the thread.

Hayleycole, why did you do it?