Three days of my old self New Medication

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, Mar 17, 2007.

1. maps

maps New Member

I am posting this as I am hoping it might help someone else.

I have been on Prozac Effexor and take Lorazepam when needed and Clonazepam and a tiny bit of seroquel.

A few months ago I talked to my Psychiatrist about coming off the medication to see where my body was at and also because I felt like a zombie. It really was not helping my fatigue, the dr agreed. So I slowly eliminated my prozac and effexor.

It did give me back my feelings but I started to crash emotionally first I could not concentrate at all, nothing was making sense a real brain fog crash and then ten days ago had a total melt down, could not stop crying even cancelled my Physc appointment as I knew if he saw me he would put me back on all kinds of medication.

Anyway I new I had to go back on to something and I was remembering when I was in hospital three years ago how much better my fatigue and fog were. So I looked at the meds I was taking then and the only one I stopped almost immediately after coming out of hospital was one called Zyprexa (It is a schizophrenic drug)

Three days ago I took one 2mg tablet before bed, the next day I chipped all the ice of the patio, cleaned my kitchen, did all my washing and basically felt almost normal. I was thinking it was just a fluke (but still hoping of course).

That night I could not get to sleep even with taking my sleep meds I was awake until 2 or 3 am. In the morning I again had an amazing day but decided to take Lorazepam for sleep and take half the 2mg Zyprexa.

I slept well last night. I still feel normal but not quite so much energy.

Tonight I am going to take the half tablet of Zyprexa along with the Lorazepam for sleep and see what happens.

Of course I think you can all imagine how awesome I am finding this. I am crossing all fingers and toes that I have found a way to deal with this illness but also just waiting for it to disappear and go back to fogged life.

I am going to try to post each day how this is working for me.

Regards
    maps

ps just looked at my icon, that is not what i wanted to select, should have been the clapping but can't see how to edit it.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

maps:

I had once tried to experiment with my meds and it did not work out too well.

After I did it, I let the doctor know the things that were important to me.

So, meds were adjusted and I am waiting to see what happens.

I know it is so very IMPORTANT to get a good nights sleep.

I have read and talked to doctors about it and I did not realize how right they were about the importance of a good nights rest.

I do hope all works out for you.

nyrofan
  3. maps

maps New Member

It really is hard to find the right mix, I hope you have found it. I see my Doc on Monday so I will get a better idea of what is happening, I did leave him a message telling him what I was doing and to call if it was a problem, no call so ok I guess.

Going to do some research now on how Zyprexa works.

regards
    maps
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2007]
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

We are here for ya. I went through a very low crying spell and I think it was from getting off Lyrica. I am feeling better (emotionally) but my body is in a lot of pain. I am afraid to start back on Lyrica. Maybe the Neuro can come up with something else for pain. I am down to just taking my anti-depressant (Welbutrin).