Threelac Advise needed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Apr 19, 2007.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I am very, very allergic to dairy. Does Threelac come from a dairy product? Where is the best place to purchase it from? Does it act mostly as a yeast cleanser or a probiotic.

I did a google search and got some conflicting information.

Thanks a bunch,

Foxglove
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hi Foxglove,

I am very allergic to dairy but did not experience any noticable problems when I took this product.

Best, Lisa
  4. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I found this on a website that sells Threelac:

"I'm Lactose Intolerant Can I still Take Threelac?"

"Lactic acid producing bacteria should not be confused with lactose which is a milk sugar which can cause intolerance in a small proportion of the population deficient in the enzyme lactase. Some studies have shown that Lactic Acid Producing bacteria can actually help break down dairy products into simple sugars."

I also did a search on this site and found lots of information. There is some controversy over one of the bacteria in Threelac. It may be resolved by now, I don't know.

I am not going to take it until I hear about this bacteria, whether it is safe or not.

Regards,

Andy
  5. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

Hi foxglove,

I've been taking Threelac, but I've also recently started taking a little kefir, and I seem to be doing okay on both.

When my doctor reccommended it to me he knew that I was on a strict GFCF diet, so I imagine that he would not have reccommended it to me if it would have come from a dairy product.

I get it from our local heath food store.

Best wishes,

Toma
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am taking Threelac and I am vegan. I looked it up online before I bought it to see if it was from dairy. Places selling it that I found said that it was NOT from dairy and some places marked it saying it was vegan.

So I bought it and have had not problems with it. I have been taking it for about a month now.

Take Care,
    Pam
  7. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thanks a bunch guys for the information. Since none is available in my area, is there a better place on the net to buy it?

Foxglove
  8. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Threelac has a bacteria in it that is found in the intestines of humans and other mammals. The Japanese have found a way to extract it and make it safe.

This bacteria in Threelac is Enterococcus Faecalis. Faec is Latin for feces. This bacteria is one of the main 3 or 4 ingredients in Threelac.

I just cannot stand the thoughts of this crap. (pun intended) lol :)

Cheers,

Andy