Threelac, Enterococcus faecalis, Is it a problem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littleleafhopper, Nov 7, 2006.

1. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought Threelac and was geared up to try it until I started looking into the ingredients. There seems
    to be some question about Enterococcus faecalis.

Is this a dangerous bacteria? Some sites are talking about antibiotic resistance. I'm mostly confused. Does anyone know the real skinny here?

I was so looking forward to getting rid of the candida problem once and for all. However I don't want to try something that might have repercussions down the line. I'll keep looking into it.

What do you guys think? I know from reading that it's helped quite a few of you.

Does anyone know of a good website with answers, besides the manufacturer?

Yours, Lil
  2. littleleafhopper

Hi Donnaeil,

I really appreciate the information. I'm not sure just what this all means, however it is clear that more research is necessary.

I hope we will get more responses! Especially from those who have taken Threelac and already done extensive research. It's just all so confusing.

Thanks again,
    Lil
  3. littleleafhopper

4. LAMSCer

LAMSCer New Member

I did a lot of research on Threelac and I decided not to go anywhere near it for a couple of reasons. One is the fact that the product includes Enterococcus faecais, which is NOT a beneficial bacteria! I came across many posts at curezone.com and other health bulletin boards where people posted about first feeling very good then getting serious infections and health problems due to the E. faecalis.

The company in Japan that invented Threelac researched it to study the results it would have on lowering bad cholesterol levels in humans. It was shown to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol. They did NO research on Threelac as an antifungal. Because they were not studying the effects on candida while developing Threelac, they included in the incredients sugar and yeast.

The other thing that really turned me off it was the fact that the company that imports Threelac from Japan (Global Health Trax) is a multi level marketing company. That means that you can pay to become a distributor and sell the products on your own website. If you Google Threelac you'll come up with THOUSANDS of websites all selling Threelac. It's because people paid to become distrubtors and are now selling Threelac themselves to get commission on their sales from GHT. They also offer you a "wholesale" price if you pay extra to become a "member". The product is also, in my opinon, obscenely overpriced.

I have heard some good things about ProBio5, which is much cheaper than Threelac and does not contain E. faecalis. I haven't taken ProBio5 myself. I'm still researching it.
  5. littleleafhopper

Lamscer!

Thanks so much for your reply. I really feel that multi-level marketing is a concern also.

We all want to be safe. It's so tough to know what to do. Perhaps more research is in order. I'll post if I find something relavent.

I hope we hear from the many who have taken this product, or who are considering it. I'd really like to know if they've checked on Enterococcus.

Yours, Lil

6. littleleafhopper

7. littleleafhopper

Stormyskye!

I really appreciate your reply! I have read many of your posts with interest. You are so knowledgeable and many here, including myself are grateful for your input.

My concern stems from my use of a probiotic called Florastor, which put me into an eight month flare, the worst of my 30 year experience with this DD.

The experience left me raw, and I've been hesitant to try another probiotic. Even though I know that they are not the same thing. Hope that makes sense.

After reading about problems with Enterococcus, I thought it prudent to check it out.

Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate everything that you do.

Yours, Lil
  8. littleleafhopper

That's an easy one to try! I just love all the information and suggestions we get here.

Thanks to you all for your help, and support!

Yours, Lil
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

I LOVE garlic, for MANY reasons. Does anyone know if this has been done, and does it work?

What about using Garlic/Crushed garlic on an infected wound, as a dressing or salve, like you would a triple antibiotic ointment.

Anyone ever do it?
  10. littleleafhopper

I typed in garlic in search, and came accross a post by lenasvn titled, Garlic Blasts Worst Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria.

Read the whole thread. One of us used garlic to help with a skin infection!

Yours, Lil
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2006]
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thanks littleleafhopper. I just looked that up and read it. Next time the need arises, I will definately try applying a poultice.