Threeweek Vacation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I've been on a three-week vacation at my daughter's home in Arkansas. I have two granddaughters, ages 1 and 3, who required attention, but, all in all, I'm very, very relaxed.

I've been feeling great, fibro-wise for about a week now and am very surprised by it. It's almost like my fibro is in remission: no fibro fatigue, no fibro flares, no fibro fog. I'm almost afraid to go home!

I had started chiropractic care in January, but the way I feel, I don't think I need it now.

Has anyone experienced this? I apparently have lots of stress at home that I haven't been aware of. I'm retired and never thought that my retirement would cause me stress.

Does any of this make sense?

Nancy
  2. collegemom

collegemom New Member

Sometimes when I go to conventions my fibro seems to be alot less than normal. I am not sure why but i have experinced this too.

Maybe just the change of scenery is good for this DD.

Wouldnt it be nice if there was a prescription for a vacation?

Tracy
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i looked at your profile and see that you live in New York...I bet you are feeling better because of the different climate???maybe??

i do have times where i feel better , during the summer....we have long, cold snowy winter where i live....my doc has told me i would be better off in the south....preferably the desert

i hope you keep that good feeling!!! have fun with the babies!!!
  4. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi Nancy!

So glad that you are feeling "good" and able to enjoy your grandbabies! What a wonderful feeling that must be for you.

There have been several times where I seemed to go into a "remision" from FM/CFIDS - the longest time was about 2 weeks straight! The first time it happened, I must admit I thought I was cured. Then out of the blue it hit like a ton of bricks and I was devastated, to say the least.

Each time I had/have a "remision", I would again think, "oh goodie! It's GONE!", but then would have to remind myself that it's just playing hide and seek and I have to simply play the game. Now, I try very hard to just take it day by day, enjoy the "good" times while they last and don't set myself up for a fall.

I have heard that there are some people that have "recovered" from our illness and that gives us hope.

Enjoy your good times!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
    (or as I usually say..."just keep swimming!"