throat spasms ?????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Jul 6, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

A few months ago I posted about an incident I had where I sat down to eat my lunch and my throat felt like it closed up out of nowhere..............it felt like I couldn't breath...........like there was a big rock blocking my airway.

Well, I truly forgot to mention it to my Dr on my last visit and although I have an appt with him this next week....I was wondering if any of you that are familiar with these symptoms could tell me again what this could be.

I know for a fact that it is not allergies to food!
    ............I will eat the food it has happened with a few days later, and then it doesn't happen!

I just know that it is becoming more and more frequent and it is making me nervous as to why it is getting worse?

Please if you have this or know about this please write to me!

Thank you so much!

XO
    Doxy
  2. sadieq

sadieq New Member

do you have acid reflux? sometimes the backsplash of acid causes the throat to tighten up some. I've had that problem at times.
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"yes" sometimes I do have acid reflux........but it isn't that often.

It is so scary to just out of the blue have your throat close up like that...............I try so hard to relax as much as possible but when your airway is abstructed it is not easy!

Thanks for your post!

Hugs
    Doxy
  4. nextdimension

nextdimension New Member

I occassionally do this to where I cannot swallow. It almost feels like he muscles in my throat are completely parazyled. Sometimes it just takes a minute or two to go away. Other times it seems like it takes for forever. It is a very scary feeling. Unfortunately, I don't know an answer to this question for you. I just wanted you to know you arent' alone. Take care and good luck!
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Nice to meet you:)

I wanted to ask you if you have ever had any tests run to find out why this happens to you?

Iam so "medical test phobic" LOL I know my Dr will probably want to do some test(s)I just hope if he does they are not too bad!

Thank you for your post.

Hugs
    Doxy
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

We talked about this a long time ago and I mentioned it then.

I think you had some trouble with your bladder function too and I mentioned both times that these symptoms could be a part of MS and to have them checked at your next dr. appt.

The throat problem can be MS too. My friend who has MS has had hers become paralyzed and the information she has is that soft, crumbly foods cause it more often than other types of foods.

I didn't want to alarm you, but we giggled away many of her symptoms for too long. (When that woman had to pee, she had to pee NOW and has pulled over in a parking lot and dropped her pants... yes, broad daylight too)

Now she's dealing with her illness and meds but might have done better had she been dx and medicated a long time ago.

Try to always keep a running list of symptoms and things to discuss with your doctor. I know from experience that I don't always remember at the last minute to make and take a list along.

Hugs,

Nancy