Throbbing headache from sensory overload...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Jul 16, 2010.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Anyone else with Chronic Fatigue get overwhelmed sometimes by noise/lots of people? I went to a breakfast hosted by my christian small group leaders this morning and there was soooooo many people. After a short while my head was banging with the noise and the competing voices and felt quite unwell. I guess it didnt help that several ladies had very loud voices and there were numerous kids running around! I had to come home and take to my bed for half hour. Still feeling rather fragile. It was good so many people from the community were there but wish I hadnt gone personally. Have had a bad head on and off most of this week actually - probably mixture of humidity and tiredness.

Is it common to be so sensitive to noise with CF? I guess I just want confirmation that I'm not abnormal!

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

You are not abnormal! This becoming one of my biggest problems.
    I know exactly what you are saying. I dread going places with lots of stuff going on,often missing out on family because I know its going to be overwhelming.

It is so hard to make people understand the sensory overload. The loud noises that make you cringe. The feeling of starting to feel unwell and the need to lay down now! also start getting very confused and don't make sense.

Sometimes I cant even watch tv. From what I understand yes this is part of CFS.

take care jen
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Sometimes can be defused with magnesium & GABA supplements. Mg deficiency can predispose anyone to auditory hypersensitivity; several recent studies have suggested that many people are Mg deficient.

Attention to glutamate sources in diet (there are MANY) can be helpful.

GABA agonist meds or benzos can help.

Best wishes.